Arts Jobs - DetailCommunity Programs Coordinator
San Diego, CA
Since 1985, Playwrights Project has been advancing literacy, creativity, and communication by inspiring individuals to voice their stories through playwriting programs and theatre productions. Programs include playwriting programs in schools and underserved communities, training programs for educators, a statewide playwriting contest for youth, culminating in the annual festival of Plays by Young Writers produced at a professional theatre in San Diego.
The Community Programs Coordinator is a non-exempt employee reporting to the Executive Director. The position supports the implementation of playwriting programs, script commissions, and readings associated with Community Storytelling programs. These programs serve disenfranchised communities, such as those impacted by foster care, immigration, incarceration, military, poverty, and substance abuse.
- Supports the implementation of community programs
- Liaisons with partners and participants
- Schedules teaching artists to provide workshops and playwrights for commissions
- Drafts contracts with partners and artists and participants
- Keeps records of contact information and communications with all parties
- Assures costs are aligned with approved budget
- Assists with marketing programs
- Tracks activities and maintains calendars
- Collects feedback from participants, artists and partners to evaluate programs
Preferred Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have a college degree or equivalent work experience; a commitment to theatre arts education and community development; excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience implementing arts programs; and collaborative work ethic. Bilingual English & Spanish preferred. EOE
Average of 20 hours per week. Hours per week are flexible and fluctuate based on program needs. Occasional evening and weekend availability is required on an as needed basis. The work schedule beyond designated performance dates and deadlines is flexible. Specific dates currently required: Sep. 19, 2015 and Oct. 10. 2015.
Wages are paid on an hourly basis based on billable hours not to exceed 1,000 hours in the year (equivalent to 20 hours/week). Pay Scale: $11- $13/hour, depending on experience.
Submit letter and resume to email@example.com. Include Community Programs Coordinator in subject line. Seeking immediate hire; position open until filled.