Arts Jobs - DetailAP Art Education Instructor
Pacific Art League
JOB TYPE: Art Education
LOCATION: Palo Alto, CA (only blocks from Caltrain and Downtown)
JOB TITLE: Youth Art Instructor, Generalist
Salary Range: $45-54 per class
Do you enjoy helping young artists advance in skill while introducing them to new mediums and styles? Are you also self-organizing and able to work both on-site and off-site? Then the Pacific Art League (PAL) is the place for you!
PAL is hiring dynamic art teachers who are looking for part-time work. We are looking for someone advanced enough to teach Teen Classes at our beautiful newly renovated building in Palo Alto and experienced enough to work with K-3 students as part of our After School Program (ASP) in Menlo Park.
Our many instructors enjoy our art-first approach to education. Our strength also lies in our identity as a community arts organization. At PAL you will make contact with a wide range of art professionals as well as art enthusiasts, all while getting paid based on performance in a class that you have designed.
This is one of the rare part-time jobs that gives you more the more you put into it.
On-site youth classes are 1 ½ hours. We are looking for teachers who are available 2 to 3 afternoons a week and MUST be available Tuesdays between 3 and 4 pm. As instructors learn more about PAL, additional class times and single day workshops will become available.
- Experience working with children art classes in a school setting
- College level art experience
- Finger printing, TB test, and proof of right to work in the US all by or before September 2015
- Ability to work independently with accountability and integrity
- Playful and engaging teaching style combined with a positive, warm and charismatic personality
- Comfortable with computers (we will train you on specific programs)
- Familiarity with the Menlo Park School District
TO APPLY: To apply please submit a resume with address and contact information, a basic art class description/outline geared for teenagers and a cover letter. Cover letter should outline experience working with children and ability to work with teenagers.
To learn more about PAL please visit our website at www.pacificartleague.org
Addressee:668 Ramona Street