Arts Jobs - DetailOperations Manager - Theatre/Performing Arts
San Diego Theatres
San Diego, CA
San Diego Theatres (SDT), a performing arts center operating the San Diego Civic Theatre and the historic Balboa Theatre in downtown San Diego with an $8.1M annual budget serving over 450,000 people annually, seeks applicants for the position of Operations Manager.
The Operations Manager is a new senior level position primarily focused on positive on-site patron experience that will be phased over a period of time to build internal and external loyalty and satisfaction for SDT stakeholders through strategic leadership, supervision and coordination related to on-site stakeholder experience. This includes the following institutional elements:
- External: Patron experience management including front-of-house guest services management, food and beverage services management; security management; housekeeping management; parking and external environment coordination. The Operations Manager oversees front-of-house managers and ushers, security managers and staff, food and beverage managers and staff, and housekeeping supervisors and staff.
- Internal: Facility management; elements of human resources coordination; and information technology coordination. Helps facilitate an integrated, patron-focused organization, working within cross-departmental teams to drive patron-related revenues and patron cultivation, particularly through operations.
The requirements for applicants for this position are:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in a related field;
- Five (5) years of increasingly responsible positions in performing arts or hospitality industry operations management;
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster a welcoming, effective, and efficient environment for clients, guests, contractors, and employees; Excellent communication skills and strong emotional intelligence;
- Strong analytical skills required, and ability to solve practical problems and provide solutions in a complex environment;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to plan and organize;
- Knowledge of building policies, city codes and fire codes as they pertain to event management desired;
- Other preferred certifications include Food Handlers Certificate; TEAM alcohol management training; and AED and CPR certifications;
- Exceptional ethics, honesty, and integrity as well as complete respect for confidentiality and the appropriateness of communications;
- Ability and expectation to work irregular hours, nights, weekends, holidays, and long hours as necessary;
- Position is physically demanding, with considerable amount of walking and lifting;
- Must have the ability to coordinate several activities simultaneously; and
- Must be able to handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send a letter of interest, compensation requirement, and résumé to email@example.com by August 15, 2015. No phone calls or letters via mail will be accepted.