Arts Jobs - DetailDesign Facility and Shop Tech Manager
University of California, Davis
The Arts at the University of California, Davis, is seeking a full-time employee to manage shop technicians and to provide support for instruction and research activities in the Department of Design.
- Knowledge and experience with principles and practices of human resources management.
- Experience and/or education working in a fine-arts and/or design environment.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, and accounting policies and procedures.
- Skills to train and technically instruct users in policies and procedures, laboratory usage, and safe use of equipment.
- Experience working with wood, metal, plastics and other material to fabricate, modify and adapt equipment to meet instructional and research needs.
- Experience maintaining inventory data base of laboratory equipment including coordinating equipment purchases, setting up operations of new systems and record keeping.
- Experience organizing and implementing systems for equipment maintenance including ordering parts, repair and ordering new equipment.
- Experience handling and disposing of toxic wastes.
See: www.employment.ucdavis.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=71498 for more information!