Arts Jobs - DetailMarketing & Development Coordinator
Deborah Slater Dance Theater
Are you passionate about the Arts? Do you have a business-oriented mind? Deborah Slater, Artistic and Executive Director of Deborah Slater Dance Theater (DSDT) for over 25 years, is looking for someone to work side by side with her to lead the company into the next decade.
DSDT seeks a motivated, personable, professional who has passion for the arts and a business oriented mind, with skills in marketing, development and project management. The position will include the following:
- Managing DSDT marketing including social media, email marketing, designing simple graphics and updating the website
- Supporting and coordinating development including grant writing support, compiling and submission, based on a grant calendar that you will actively maintain
- Managing fundraising campaigns including the marketing, gift processing and donor relationship management
- Responding to communication related to the company (emails, voicemails, and mail)
- Coordinating details for productions such as DSDT major works and our presentations with Dance Anywhere and National Dance Week
- Representing the company at conferences (if funding is secured), grant information sessions, productions where the company presents work and other events as needed
- Managing communications with the board, attending board meetings and taking notes
- Company management including scheduling with dancers and touring details (if touring)
The role is a wonderful fit for somebody seeking flexible hours, variety in their work and an opportunity to learn all areas of arts administration. You are detail oriented, able to juggle many balls while keeping your eye on the big picture. You are someone interested in growing the role as the company evolves. The job is part-time to begin but may become full time with the right person.
Hours / compensation: 10 to 20 hours a week, depending on skill and work load. $18-20 / hour. Flexible work hours. Exciting, demanding work environment.
About Deborah Slater Dance Theater: DSDT produces full-length works exploring social issues through original movement, text and music, using visually gorgeous, acrobatic, talking dance. Their umbrella non-profit, Art of the Matter Performance Foundation, runs Studio 210, a rehearsal & performance space and the Studio 210 Summer Residency Program, based in San Francisco, California. DSDT offers workshops in dance-theater, writing, movement composition, text from movement - movement from text, as well as vocal training. For more information visit www.deborahslater.org.
Ideal candidates will be proactive, with excellent communication and writing skills, have an interest in the nonprofit arts sector, with the capacity to work independently, and to take initiative in problem solving, creating systems and finding solutions. Candidates with the following skills, traits & requirements preferred.
- Commitment to the arts
- Strong strategic, analytical and planning skills
- Creative fundraising, development, and marketing experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, with the ability to motivate and direct others
- Strong tech skills and familiarity with all or most of the following platforms: Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, QuickBooks, FileMaker Pro, Flickr, Vimeo, Mailchimp, Dropbox, Google Drive and a design software (such as Photoshop)
- Willingness to troubleshoot technological challenges (working with/finding IT experts)
- Knowledge of social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Experience in the nonprofit sector, ideally with an arts organization
- Experience in effectively developing and working with a nonprofit Board of Directors
- Experience with nonprofit grantmaking and fundraising
- Willingness and ability to work hours outside a normal Monday through Friday 9 am to 5 pm schedule during productions
- Have a valid driver’s license and be willing to drive to run errands and attend events as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience. Master’s a bonus.
To see this in a prettier format, please visit bit.ly/DSDT-job
Addressee:3288 21st Street, #71 San Francisco, CA 94110