Arts Jobs - DetailOutreach Coordinator
San Diego Civic Youth Ballet
San Diego, CA
San Diego Civic Youth Ballet (SDCYB) seeks a part-time Outreach Coordinator to build and facilitate relationships between current and prospective outreach schools. San Diego Civic Youth Ballet is committed to providing the children of San Diego a chance to experience arts education and the power of performance. Our community outreach programs focus on making art accessible and brings ballet to children and families who may not otherwise be exposed to the performing arts and ballet.
This position ranges from 5 hours per week up to 20 hours per week during the performance season (March – May), and an additional 6-7 hours of teaching outreach ballet classes. There is a good amount of flexibility within the schedule. Please submit cover letter, resume and at least two professional references to HR@sdcyb.org with Outreach Coordinator in the subject line, no later than October 31st.
Experienced ballet teacher with experience directing, strong communication skills, strong organizational skills, desire to make a difference in the lives of children by providing them with opportunities to enjoy the performing arts. Experience with the San Diego Unified School District, the Title 1 School program, VAPA Standards, and National Core Arts Standards a plus. This individual will report to the Artistic Director and will work in a fun and respectful, kid-friendly environment. Bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Teaching ballet classes at partnering elementary schools
- Teaching/helping facilitate our program with School in the Park
- Implementing outreach program curriculum and updating when needed
- Seeking new schools to add to the Outreach Program
- Meeting with principal and teachers at each new school that joins the Outreach Program and acting as primary contact between school and SDCYB
- Working with Artistic Director to hire new outreach ballet teachers when needed
- Scheduling all outreach classes with SDCYB outreach teachers and partner schools
- Working with Artistic Director to organize Outreach Showcase and facilitate all communication between SDCYB, the school/teachers, and the parents of participating students
Attending and directing Outreach Showcase dress rehearsal and performance
Addressee:1650 El Prado
Address: Ste. 209