Arts Jobs - DetailPreparator
CSUF Grand Central Art Center
Santa Ana, CA
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR & ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR
HOURS: PART-TIME, 30 HOURS PER WEEK SALARY RANGE: $15 HOURLY
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT POSITION
The Preparator’s primary responsibilities are to work closely with the GCAC director, curators, and artists to install exhibitions. Duties may also include transporting art (pick-ups & returns) in a safe manner, maintain secure and safe environmental conditions for the art on display, keep GCAC spaces looking clean and professional, set-up for public programs, and other duties as assigned.
- Install & de-install exhibitions (meeting deadlines). Manage installer(s) during installations & de-installations.
- Coordinates art pick-ups and returns.
- Order supplies needed for exhibitions.
- Building temporary walls when required for exhibition.
- Installation of multi-media equipment (video projectors, sound systems, computer, media players) when required for installation
- Wrap artwork for shipping.
- Maintains woodshop.
- Disposes of unused paint and materials properly.
- Set-up for public programs, including projection equipment and sound systems
- Keeps tools in an orderly fashion.
- Misc. building maintenance as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Relative job experience, college degree and/or museum experience highly preferred.
- Proficient in use of power tools, painting, and basic constructing tasks.
- Proficient in basic operation of media equipment: video and digital camera, sound equipment, and media projectors.
- Valid Driver’s License: ability to drive rental vehicles.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, MAC, email
- Knowledge and interest in contemporary art.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work with GCAC public, visiting and exhibiting artists, students, faculty, and co-workers professionally.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the ASC. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current ASC employees who apply for the position.
College degree or equivalent relative job experience highly preferred.
Long-term periods of standing and sitting; Walking, talking, hearing, pulling, bending, may carry up to lift 70 lbs: tables, chairs, crates, artwork, furniture, etc.
Health, dental, vision, life/AD&D, health care flex plan, LTD, educational reimbursement, vacation, sick leave, holiday, credit union and retirement plan. All benefits will be administered according to policies, summary plan descriptions, or procedures.
To be considered an applicant; you must apply through our online applicant portal found on the following site: http://asc1app.fullerton.edu/Finance/applicant/public/default.aspx If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CSU Fullerton Auxiliary Services Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
Address: 125 N. Broadway, Santa Ana, CA 92701