Arts Jobs - DetailAnnual Giving & Special Events Manager
Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra
Los Angeles, CA
Scope & Responsibilities
The Annual Giving & Special Events Manager is responsible for approx. $1 million in revenue. This position works regularly with advancement, marketing, and production departments to provide strategy and oversight for annual giving solicitation, stewardship, and acknowledgement; to plan, implement, and meet goals for special events and patron appreciation activities, and to cultivate patron relationships in pursuit of a sustainable, growing annual fund. The Annual Giving & Special Events Manager duties are as follows:
- Achieve $500,000 in net special events income by planning, managing, and executing two annual major fundraising galas, and a series of private in-home musical salons
- Exceed $500,000 in annual giving through a variety of personal and broad-based fundraising tactics at the $1,500-$9,999 and below $1,500 levels
- Manage two direct reports including one full time and one part time member of the advancement team
- Maintain and improve efforts to cultivate and steward donors at all levels through the consistent planning and delivery of donor events and benefits and strategic efforts to surprise and delight throughout the season
- Manage all events calendars, budgets and timelines to keep activities on schedule, and expenses on track, coordinating across departments, board and event committees and with appropriate vendors and consultants as needed to ensure on-time delivery of assets and an extraordinary experience of attendees at each event
- Drive annual fund strategy and execution throughout the season
- Establish and manage effective relationships with event sponsors, table and ticket buyers as well as varied donor prospects and existing annual donors
- Assist in building a successful annual giving pipeline for major and planned giving, and helping to design and implement successful cultivation and solicitation strategies
- Ensure appropriate and timely recording, acknowledgement, recognition and stewardship of gifts and endowments through reports and statistical processes
- Initiate and maintain opportunities for promotional events and activities including partnerships with other organizations, sponsors and individuals, and working to use those promotional events to engage and cultivate donors and subscribers as appropriate
- Provide support at evening and weekend concerts as assigned
- Additional tasks and activities as assigned
The Annual Giving & Special Events Manager is an enthusiastic, organized, mature, personable, detail-oriented problem solver with excellent communication and critical-thinking skills. The manager has a familiarity with a wide variety of fundraising channels, and exercises the ability to respond both quickly and with imagination to a variety of simultaneous challenges and opportunities. The candidate will have the ability to:
- Understand what motivates donors and to craft campaigns and appeals that speak to LACO's donor base
- Simultaneously lead and support volunteers to achieve fundraising and event objectives
- Think analytically and work independently while handling multiple assignments simultaneously;
- Interact effectively and congenially with a wide variety of colleagues and constituents;
- Maintain confidentiality with sensitive donor information;
- Be an effective collaborator on team projects;
- Apply proactive thinking to anticipate obstacles and opportunities for improvement;
- Demonstrate excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Five years successful working experience at an arts-related or non-profit office is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook; experience with database management or CRM (Customer Relationship Management) interface preferred.
- Scheduling flexibility including evening and weekend hours at concerts and special events required. 40 hours per week. Some overtime may be required during heavy events periods. EOE
Please email resume, comprehensive cover letter and 2-3 page writing sample to: email@example.com
No phone calls, please.
Addressee:350 S. Figueroa Street
Address: Suite 183