Arts Jobs - DetailMarketing Associate
San Francisco Playhouse
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco Playhouse is the second largest theater company in San Francisco. Having grown from storefront to 200 seat theater in just 10 years, we are powered by a team of energetic and innovative theater lovers. Founded in 2003 as a 501(c) 3 not-for-profit theatre company, our programming includes a six-play mainstage season and a three-play Sandbox Series of world premieres, plus a Rising Star Education Program for high school students. Refer to our website: www.sfplayhouse.org, for more information on our company.
The marketing department is responsible for generating interest and ticket sales for every San Francisco Playhouse production. The marketing associate is an integral part of the marketing team, and is given a high level of responsibility for these goals. The marketing associate is tasked with a wide range of activities, including developing and maintaining marketing campaigns, assisting with special events, strengthening relationships with area business, and drafting and creating promotional materials.As of: September 1st, 2015
Hours: 20 - 24
Status: Part-time, Hourly, Non-exempt
The Marketing Associate reports directly to the Marketing Director. Responsibilities include:
- Assist Marketing Director with all online marketing campaigns, including annual subscriptions and individual ticket sales.
- Manage social media and maintain content calendars for platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and more.
- Assist with digital marketing efforts including PPC, organic SEO, and online retargeting.
- Maintain the company website in coordination with web programmer (web skills and familiarity with Wordpress required).
- Maintain Digital & Print Advertising Placement.
- Manage email lists and draft and design email campaigns.
- Ensure proper show and theatre listings on third-party websites.
- Design and manipulate graphics through the use of Photoshop, Illustrator, and other graphic design software.
- Analyze sales trends through use of CRM (VBO), Google Analytics, and other software.
- Take photos and videos at events to post on social media and SFPH website.
- Assist at SFPH events as needed.
- Manage in-house subscription sales. Create plan for subscription table shifts, train interns, and meet goals. Coordinate with Administrative Manager regarding intern orientations and intern needs for shifts.
- Assist in development and execution of niche marketing for individual shows.
- Develop relationships with local businesses (hotels, restaurants, retail) for cross promotions.
- Develop group sales prospects.
- Assist in the creation of Playbills for Main and Sandbox stages
- Assist in the creation of other print materials (brochures, postcards) as needed.
- Maintain the Marketing Calendar and send reminders to appropriate parties regarding due dates.
- BA/BS degree required, with a preference for candidates with a marketing background
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel, and Wordpress
- Willingness to explore new areas, and a curiosity for all aspects of the theatre
- Outgoing personality, with the drive to communicate with patrons and local businesses to grow our audience
- A self-starter with the ability to use creative skills to generate ideas and follow through with execution