Arts Jobs - DetailDirector of Visitor Experience
Monterey County Youth Museum (MY Museum)
MY Museum’s Director of Visitor Experience is responsible for putting the magic in the museum experience! This full-time position is responsible for the ongoing operations and educational development for MY Museum. The position will report directly to the Executive Director and will be responsible for managing and motivating the Visitor Experience Team, ensuring a positive guest experience and MYM’s education classes and workshops. This includes interacting with diverse visitors, responding to their needs, setting policies and working closely with all staff to coordinate the daily operation of the Museum.
The key job responsibilities including the following;
- Operations, Staffing and Administration: Oversees the day-to-day operations of the museum. This includes all visitor relations, hiring, training and supervision of the Visitor Services team. Maintains responsibility for daily cash handling and visitation records. Analyzes visitor data for planning and goal setting.
- Education: Develops and implements consistent, creative and high quality activities and outreach programs for both children and their accompanying adults. Utilizing both innovative, hands-on programs and exhibits to make each visit to MY Museum a new and fun experience. Works collaboratively with Visitor Experience Managers on public programming.
- Collections & Exhibits Collaboration: Collaborate with Executive Director to develop both temporary and permanent exhibits. Responsible for keeping all aspects of the exhibit floor clean, safe in well maintained condition. Serves on the Exhibit Committee.
- Leadership and Finance: Works with Executive Director to identify prospective donors, grant funding and other earned revenue opportunities. Assists with educational-grant preparation, administration, and reporting. Participates in presentations and fundraising activities, as needed, to help raise profile of the museum and its educational impact. Develops short and long-range goals for MY Museum and works together with the Executive Director on development of Strategic Plans as needed.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Must have strong computer skills, experience utilizing Point of Sales/ Fundraising software strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree in business management, museum studies, education, recreation administration, tourism or a related field.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to inspire a cohesive team that delivers exceptional service to visitors. 3-5 year’s supervisor/management experience
- Must be a “hands on” manager who is willing to step in and function as one of the team.
Position is full time and salary range between $46,000 and $51,000 based on experience. Interested candidates should send cover letter, a current resume, and three professional/business references. All applicants must email Lauren Cohen, MY Museum’s Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org and list Director of Visitor Experience in the subject line of the email.