Arts Jobs - DetailAdministrative Assistant, Audience and Business Development
Asian Art Museum
San Francisco, CA
The Asian Art Museum seeks a resourceful, skilled, and motivated individual to provide administrative support and project coordination for the Chief Engagement Officer who heads the ABD Division, and three department heads – the Director of Marketing and Brand, the Director of Communications and Business Development, and the Head of Digital.
The position is best suited to a person who appreciates the rewards of working in an artistic environment, thrives on a fast- paced workplace, sports a can-do mindset, and has the aptitude and ability to find and apply innovative solutions to challenges.
The successful candidate will act as an ambassador of the museum’s mission, vision and values. A sense of humor and a respectful, engaging, and positive demeanor will serve the successful candidate well in the museum’s smart, warm and collaborative environment. The nature of the work requires maximum flexibility and resourcefulness.
Candidates must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of the organization, including staff, board members, the general public, and outside organizations. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to work through complicated and difficult administrative matters and a track record of professionalism, discretion and good judgment.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Managing daily office operations, including scheduling meetings, managing calendars, coordinating space reservations, room setup, and audiovisual requests; arranging travel logistics; creating, organizing, maintaining, and archiving files and records; distributing mail, maintaining office supplies, and designing and maintaining project schedules
- Assisting in the preparation and tracking of division and departmental budgets; preparing expense reports, check requests, invoice payments, and reimbursements; preparing budget reports; serving as liaison with the Finance department regarding budget issues
- Drafting agendas and writing correspondence; responding to telephone, mail, and email inquiries; tracking deadlines; taking and distributing minutes as required
- Compiling information and preparing digital presentations
- Securing, organizing, maintaining and formatting digital images for marketing and communications purposes, i.e. still images, video, audio
- Maintaining and updating mailing lists and databases
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, plus two (2) years of related experience providing administrative support for senior-level managers; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Exceptional administrative skills; extremely organized, deadline-oriented, and accurate
- Excellent analytical, research, creative problem-solving, and organizational skills; strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze situations, clarify priorities, recommend and implement appropriate solutions
- Inquisitive, an innovative thinker with a bias for action. Consistently demonstrates initiative and attention to detail.
- Self-starter with proven ability to manage and independently prioritize multiple tasks while ensuring timely high-quality outcomes; flexible and resourceful
- Solid word processing, spreadsheet, data entry and data retrieval skills; intermediate to advanced knowledge of Outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint and other advanced presentation software, Excel, and project management tools, image management software (such as PhotoShop).
- Ability to interact diplomatically with diverse groups of people; establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with staff, media, visitors, board members, the general public, and outside organizations and groups
- Good judgment, tact, discretion, and confidentiality; able to work discreetly and respectfully with sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as necessary
- Ability to lift and carry up to thirty (30) pounds
- Social media prowess with Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and other platforms is a plus; fluency in languages beyond English (such as Mandarin, Spanish Cantonese, Vietnamese, Tagalog, French or German) and digital asset management experience are plusses
$20.16 - $24.21 per hour with benefits package.
Please note: This position is represented by SEIU 1021.
Apply online at http://asianart.snaphire.com/?job=55867CAC
The Asian Art Museum is one of the largest museums in the Western world devoted exclusively to Asian art and culture. Home to more than 18,000 works of art from over 40 Asian countries, we strive to be a catalyst for discovery, dialogue, and inspiration. With Asia as our lens and art as our cornerstone, we spark connections across cultures and through time, igniting curiosity, conversation, and creativity.
The Asian Art Museum embraces diversity in its mission, programs, and staff.