Arts Jobs - DetailContent Marketer
Teaching Artists Guild
Content Marketer for Teaching Artists Guild
Teaching Artists Guild (TAG) is a membership-based professional organization committed to promoting the visibility and impact of artists who teach. Based in Oakland, CA. TAG is strengthening our field at the national level by advocating, honoring, supporting, and convening artists who teach in and through all disciplines and all communities.
Learn more at http://teachingartistsguild.org
The Content Marketer will play an active role in the growth of TAG’s membership. Under the supervision of TAG’s Membership Director, this person will help maintain our presence on various social media platforms by creating and publishing content that is relevant to current and prospective members. S/he will regularly analyze and report on the activity on social media networks as well as the TAG website.
This is a part-time paid position; roughly 5 hours a week of work from December through May. We expect daily (Monday-Friday) interaction on all of our social channels. We are based in the San Francisco Bay Area but this job can be done remotely.
Responsibilities: As the TAG Content Marketer, you will..
- Create, draft, proofread, and schedule posts for all of our social media channels
- Maintain ongoing management of branding on all social media profiles
- Find articles, stories, resources, relevant pics, video, or other content that is relevant to our customer base and updates social media accounts daily (Monday-Friday) in a manner that invites conversation, interaction, and sharing
- Respond to posts or comments on other folks’ blogs/social media channels on behalf of TAG
- Use relevant analytics platforms to assess trends and activity on social media channels and the TAG website
- Regularly assist in the creation of content marketing materials including but not limited to blog posts, whitepapers, magazine articles and e-books
Qualifications: TAG is seeking someone who has…
- A passion for the vital role that artists play in making change in schools and communities
- Above-average writing skills, knowledge of English grammar, and the ability to write in different voices
- A love for creating and posting social media content: familiarity and facility with social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, and Google+
- Experience with relevant tech tools: Google Apps, WordPress, Microsoft Office, basic photo-editing software. Experience with Photoshop, digital photography, and video production a plus!
- The ability to take initiative, multi-task, and manage your time independently in a dynamic work environment
- Impeccable communication skills – proactive communication about work progress is essential especially if you plan to work remotely
- Enjoys working collaboratively as part of a team; learning from and teaching others
- Previous copywriting, social media management, or content marketing experience a plus!
The Process: To apply please…
- Submit your resume with a cover letter that clearly shows your experience with and love for social media and writing and why you specifically want to share that part of yourself with us here at TAG
- 2 published writing samples
- In addition to your resume and cover letter, also send links to your social media accounts, blogs, or any social media profiles you have managed
- Submit all of this via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “I Want To Be the TAG Content Marketer”
Contact:Kenny Allen, Membership Director