Arts Jobs - DetailChristensen Society and Membership Manager
San Francisco Ballet
POSITION: Christensen Society and Membership Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time, Exempt
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
Under minimal supervision the Christensen Society and Membership Manager provides leadership for the development and management of a comprehensive fundraising program that provides approximately $2.5 million of annual support from individuals to San Francisco Ballet. This position is responsible for a portfolio of prospects capable of making gifts of $5,000 or more. The Manager supervises the Christensen Society Officer, Membership Manager, and in conjunction with the Director, an Individual Gifts Associate. The Manager also coordinates fundraising from Christensen Society donors and members for the Ballet’s endowment campaign.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and implements a fundraising plan that meets annual and endowment fundraising goals from the Christensen Society. Assigns and staffs team members and volunteers, including Trustees and senior leadership. Trains and manages volunteers, providing staff support to them in fulfillment their assignments.
- Develops and implements a fundraising plan to meet annual fund and endowment fundraising goals for Membership. Provide strategic management for direct mail and telefunding program. Serves a liaison with Marketing Department on teleservices matters.
- Using sound fundraising principles, designs strategies that are intended to move prospects through stages of deepening commitment necessary to make a gift of $5,000 or more to SF Ballet’s annual fund and endowment. Uses fundraising software and other tools to monitor and track moves and results.
- Manages Christensen Society Officer, Membership Officer, and Individual Gifts Associate. This includes day to day supervision coaching, performance appraisal and support in order to maximize their productivity and performance.
- Works with Development Database Coordinator to ensure the accuracy of the donor moves and prospect tracking processes on Tessitura for the Individual Gifts program.
- Other duties as assigned by Director.
Education and Experience
- College degree.
- Five years of development experience or more preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Develops and implements detailed fundraising plans, based on sound fundraising principles, for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors in order to meet fundraising goals for unrestricted gifts from individuals as well as other priority campaigns.
- Manages all aspects of giving from Christensen Society and Membership for both the annual fund and endowment campaign. Prepares annual work plan with performance indicators for each program.
- Successfully solicits individual major gifts of $5,000 or more. Develops detailed strategies for each gift solicitation, and ensures that the progress of each strategy is documented.
- Represents the Ballet at all times with the highest degree of professionalism and communicates the Ballet’s position on sensitive issues without losing the donor’s goodwill. Staffs performances and events.
- Arranges and attends meetings with donors and prospects, effectively briefing volunteers and others on the meeting strategies.
- Working with special events staff and Development staff, successfully plans and executes cultivation events including follow-up with event attendees.
- Maintains documentation, files and tracking of all major donor contacts, gifts, and stewardship activities in a manner that is accessible by others.
- Regularly strategize with Development Director, Major Gifts staff, and Executive Director to identify and involve volunteer leadership in the cultivation and solicitation of donors. Coaches, mentors and trains volunteers for successful face-to-face solicitation.
- Maintains effective communication and rapport with others, both internally and externally, to track on progress and decisions.
- Utilizes and maintains up to date knowledge of work processing, spreadsheet, and presentation as well as fundraising software.
- Utilizes and maintains special knowledge to create and monitor accurate budgets and financial reports.
- Position requires periods of word-processing and database usage and also flexible schedule to attend various donor-related events and meetings during the season. Ability to travel.
Special Equipment Used
- PC and standard office equipment, such as fax and copier and Internet.