Arts Jobs - DetailOffice Manager/Bookkeeper
Ctrs. For Research on Creativity
Employer: Centers for Research on Creativity
Position: Office Manager/Bookkeeper
The Centers for Research on Creativity (CRoC) seeks a qualified candidate to manage the office, assist in the management of research projects, and maintain the business books.
The ideal candidate has a dynamic range of skills and demonstrated interest in the education of young people. This position supports all aspects of the company and reports to the Assistant Director. Position open until filled.
- Experienced office manager or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated systems thinker and problem solver who anticipates needs
- Effective communicator with a collaborative work style, willing to contribute ideas
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite and Google products (Drive, Mail, and Calendar, primarily)
- Fluent in Quickbooks with solid understanding of accounting principles and ability to work with independent CPA
- Interest and/or experience in research and the education of young people is a plus
- Maintain multiple projects calendars
- Maintain white board schedule
- Manage project binders (hard copy and in Google Drive)
- Scribe at meetings and maintain notes files, as needed
- Proofread and edit reports
- Print & distribute reports
- Research and suggest solutions for systems/processes for project management
- Receive, organize, and distribute (as needed) surveys, notes, audio, video and other materials related to data collection from field Research Assistants
Office management and bookkeeping responsibilities:
- Monitor telephone voicemail
- Schedule Calls and appointments
- Order office supplies and materials
- Send/collect/route and ship mail
- Book travel (airfare, hotel, train, ground transportation)
- Research and suggest solutions for systems/processes for office management
- General office upkeep
- Data entry
- Bookkeeping duties include accounts receivable, bi-weekly accounts payable, monthly bank account reconciliation, payroll (small staff and seasonal contractors), maintenance of accurate files, online transfers of QB file to Accountant (annually)
Compensation: Compensation commensurate with experience. This is a 25 – 30 hr./week position.
CRoC is located in Topanga Canyon, please consider drive time investments before you apply.
TO APPLY: Please submit a resume and cover letter telling us why you feel you are a good match for our company. Mail your resume and cover letter to Kim Zanti at firstname.lastname@example.org
CENTERS FOR RESEARCH ON CREATIVITY
Founded in 2011 by James S. Catterall, Ph.D., UCLA Professor Emeritus and Anne Bamford of the University of the Arts in London, UK, CRoC is dedicated to understanding creative behavior and motivation -- and programmatic experiences that can boost creativity.
CRoC currently leads projects in Los Angeles, Oakland, Santa Ana, and San Diego, CA; Austin, TX; multiple Louisiana communities; Cincinnati, OH; Beijing, China; and Edinburgh, Scotland.