Arts Jobs - DetailExecutive Director
County of Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara, CA
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, SANTA BARBARA COUNTY ARTS COMMISSION
COMMUNITY SERVICES DEPARTMENT, COUNTY OF SANTA BARBARA
Salary: $60,991 - $83,000 Annually DOE/DOQ
The Santa Barbara County Arts Commission is seeking an Executive Director. This critical role is responsible for developing and promoting visual and performing arts, and cultural affairs as integral parts of local government. We are seeking a dynamic, innovative and supportive leader to oversee contracts for arts services and cultural affairs activities for the County and City of Santa Barbara.
This position reports to the Community Service Department Director and has a dotted-reporting line to the Board of Supervisors through the appointed County Arts Commission, and to the Santa Barbara City Council through the City Administrator’s Office.
This position will:
Communications / Relationship Development / Community Presentations
- Be politically savvy to navigate a diverse group of stakeholders with varying interests.
- Promote and advocate for County and City art projects.
- Be an effective communicator, negotiator, and relationship builder
- Develop relationships with business, philanthropic and educational sectors.
- Strengthen the role of arts and culture in the County.
- Attend meetings with the community, City and County.
- Be an exceptional public speaker and presenter, and present in public regularly.
- Prepare clear, concise, and comprehensive reports and correspondences.
Leadership / Interpersonal
- Be a strategic thinker and creative problem solver.
- Develop the division’s short- and long-range work plans.
- Engage, motivate, and inspire diverse constituencies and staff.
- Plan and direct the activities of staff including hiring, training, and setting and evaluating performance.
- Be passionate and committed about the work we do and its impact on communities.
Business Acumen/ Budgets / Administration
- Oversee the work of staff that develop and administer contracts and who work closely with grantees, artists and the community.
- Formulate and implement programs, guidelines, and policies and division goals.
- Manage re-granting programs with funds from various groups and individuals.
- Develop and administer the division’s $750,000 budget, and effectively monitor revenues and expenditures.
- Prepare grants and solicit public and private financial support for division programs.
Arts Commission Administration / Art Programs and Outreach
- Provide administrative support to the Santa Barbara County Arts Commission and the Santa Barbara City Arts Advisory Committee.
- Administer both the County and City of Santa Barbara’s public art programs.
- Steer the overall work objectives of the Public Arts Program including project administration, coordination with artists, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Develop overall arts master plan including public art policy, program guidelines and principles.
- Analyze and evaluate management reports and programs to determine the need for new or modified programs and goals.
- Monitor the overall development of the public art collection, including ensuring that local and regional artists are presented and balanced with respect to ethnicity and gender of arts selection.
- Recommend artists to be commissioned for projects or engaged to join a project team.
- Manage the County's "Percent for Arts" program and organizes and manages workshops and seminars.
- Provide technical assistance to artists, arts organizations, and community groups to incubate and develop arts services.
- Work effectively under the direction of a diverse group of stakeholders.
HOW TO APPLY
Online Application: The County of Santa Barbara offers a simple and convenient online application (application process should only take 15 minutes). Please apply online at www.sbcountyjobs.com and attach your resume and cover letter. This is an open continuous recruitment; however for first consideration APPLY by December 28, 2015!
Questions? Contact your recruiter Wendi Brown at:
- 541-858-0376 – Direct
- 866-929-WBCP – Toll Free
Addressee:2691 Elliott Ave