Arts Jobs - Detail
Business Development Manager
LEVYdanceSan Francisco, CA
The Business and Development Manager (BDM) is an integral member of LEVYdance team. The position requires a strong understanding non-profit business practices and principals, combined with an entrepreneurial spirit. This position requires a high level of attention to detail combined with the ability to be flexible, take initiative, and work collaboratively. Under the guidance and instruction of the Executive Artistic Director, the BDM will support the development of income streams, coordinate communications, and provide oversight for general operations and business compliance.
- Maximizes earned revenue and minimizes expenses
- Manages and provides oversight for basic business compliance such as taxes, licenses, permits, etc.
- Manages and oversees studio rentals, including policies and procedures that govern rentals
- Develops intern program and supervises interns
- Creates policies and goals for digital marketing and messaging
- Manages expense requests and payroll
- Supervises Administrative Assistant
- Works with the EAD in the development of sponsorships and community partnerships
- Works in collaboration with EAD to develop, manage, and execute fundraising strategies, work plans, and calendars
- Responsible for individual giving program, including email appeals, prospect research, benefit fulfillment, and donor stewardship
- Participates in the development, planning, and execution of fundraising events, rehearsals, and donor receptions
- Manages the fundraising database, including gift processing and reporting
- Manages grant calendar and report deadlines; acts as direct contact for grant writer
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong critical thinking skills with ability to analyze problems and develop effective solutions
- Passionate about LEVYdance’s mission and impact
- Outstanding communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Works well under pressure to meet organizational needs and deadlines
- Attention to detail critical
- Must be able to work flexible hours when needed
- Minimum two years nonprofit development experience, including annual campaigns, events, and database management
- Proficient Excel and Word skills essential
- Experience managing budgets
- Experience working in a team environment
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Fluency in Social Media
- Bachelor of Arts degree with preference for post-graduate studies in business or non-profit administration
- Knowledge of Quickbooks
To be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a resume and cover letter (pdf or word documents only) to email@example.com
Please note we are unable to take phone calls about this position. Applications will be reviewed as received. Early submissions are encouraged. Candidates are encouraged to submit materials no later than December 9, 2015, but the position remains open until filled.
The Business Development Manager reports to LEVYDance’s Executive Artistic Director. The position is Full-time.
LEVYDance is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruiting a broadly diverse pool of qualified candidates for this position.
More about LEVYdance: Founded in 2002, LEVYdance is a nationally-recognized performing arts organization that serves the San Francisco Bay Area dance community as a creative incubator, community space, and innovative arts presenter. The company is recognized for producing cutting-edge, interdisciplinary, interactive works that explore the nuances of being human. Its values of risk taking and rigorous creative development, and its aesthetics of inherently kinetic dance that balances form and raw emotional experience, resonate throughout each of the core programs of the organization.
Based at LEVYstudio in the Bay Area, LEVY’s creative space and community center, LEVYdance programs and projects fall within three core areas of activity:
- The creation and presentation of large scale, multi-disciplinary.
- Choreographic incubation programs for established and emerging artists.
- Education programs in which LEVYdance nurtures dynamic artistry and creative exploration.
Education programs include over 40 open classes at LEVYstudio weekly; the workshop series, LEVYdance Laboratory, and the annual weeklong Summer Intensive, which offers pre-professional dancers the ability to train in a rigorous setting with LEVYcompany artists.
LEVYdance is moving in a new direction to expand the vision of its founder Benjamin Levy, and increase its capacity to fulfill its mission of creating innovative, collaborative works that serve hundreds of constituents—as creators, dancers, students, and audience members—in the Bay Area dance community and beyond.
After completing an international search in September 2015, the organization welcomed international award winning stage designer and entrepreneur Garance Marneur originally based in both France and London to take on the Executive and Artistic Director position. The Executive Artistic Director reports directly to the Board and stewards the organization into a new era of creative partnerships and artistic and community-oriented projects as an art curator whose vision will embrace multiple artistic perspectives and voices in creating imaginative new performance works that fulfill the organization’s mission, and boldly envision new models for incubating and presenting that work.
In this model, choreographers and artistic collaborators can focus on the creation of new work, rather than the strategic direction of an organization, administrative resources can be shared among many artists, and audiences are exposed to a breadth of relevant art that is created within LEVYdance’s creative culture and values.
Address: Heron Street
Website: www.levydance.orgDeadline: 12-09-2015Return to Arts Jobs