Arts Jobs - DetailAssistant Supervisor, Theming Services Coordinator
SeaWorld San Diego
San Diego, CA
Assistant Supervisor, Theming Services Coordinator
Status: Full Time
Pay Rate: $17.67/hour
Please apply online at - https://careers.seaworldparks.com/scripts/Home/JobDetail.aspx?title=ahbeoagh&requisition=aanigbac&locationID=1002&prev=%7e%2fscripts%2fHome%2fJobSearchList.aspx%3f
Hours and Availability
- Minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Must have 5 days of unrestricted availability to include days, nights, weekends, and holidays according to project needs.
- Lead a team of both internal and external designers to execute scenic and sign designs.
- Deliver superior aesthetic quality while meeting budgetary and timeline parameters.
- Facilitates the organization of the storage warehouse and assists with processing purchase orders.
- Enthusiastically represents SeaWorld by displaying a positive attitude, high level of energy and commitment to quality throughout all aspects of the job.
- Provide art direction and aesthetic oversight on all sign and scenic elements.
- Evaluate aesthetic, budget and timeline priorities when assigning a designer to projects.
- Act as primary communication liaison between creative, design, production, fabrication and installation teams for all SeaWorld park requests for sign and scenic elements. Collaborates with internal and external customer departments.
- Traffic all sign and scenic requests through production process from design through fabrication.
- Manage workload by maximizing internal team and utilizing external resources as necessary.
- Oversee the Entertainment Design team.
- Oversee and supervise the scenic and sign inventory in the Entertainment warehouse.
- Coordinate the refurbishment, installation and strike of all warehouse elements with Production and Technical teams.
- Assist in processing purchase orders for all Entertainment divisions.
- Maintain a safe work environment and adhere to safety requirements.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree.
- Must have and maintain a valid California driver's license; out of state residents, active military, their dependents and visiting students, must have a valid driver’s license from their state of residency and provide a copy of the DMV report. Must be able to meet requirements to drive SeaWorld vehicles.
- Must be a strong leader able to work in challenging environments with tight deadlines.
- Must have a strong design aesthetic with the ability to provide constructive creative notes to the design team.
- Must have superior organizational and budgetary acumen.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to use good judgment regarding confidentiality.
- Must have proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and technical related software.
- Must have 4 years leadership experience supervising direct reports with at least 2 years Entertainment leadership experience leading creative teams (preferably scenic and/or sign design.)
- Must be able to positively interact with guests and coworkers of all ages, different ethnic/cultural backgrounds and/or language, and individuals with special needs.