Arts Jobs - DetailGallery and Even Coordinator
Exceptional Children's Foundation
Los Angeles, CA
The Downtown Art Center (DAC) Gallery supports adult artists with disabilities. The DAC Gallery operates as a private gallery, but is under the umbrella of the non-profit agency Exceptional Children’s Foundation (ECF). The Gallery is part of the Downtown LA Gallery row that also supports local emerging artists.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Perform management, administrative, public relations, and event planning duties.
- Greet visitors and provide information about the gallery and artists.
- Maintain client distribution and donor mailing lists. Research juried exhibitions and grant opportunities for our clients.
- Respond to inquiries regarding gallery rental space.
- Maintain inventory of all artwork and organize by art style and genre.
- Ensure office equipment is maintained, order supplies, and ensure professional appearance of the gallery.
- Act as receptionist and ensure proper phone coverage during business hours.
Education: B.A. or B.F.A in related field
Experience: Two years administrative/office management experience with one year working in a gallery or public relations setting, coordinating and planning events.
- Knowledge of contemporary art and some experience with photography.
- Highly organized with strong administrative skills. Take initiative with projects; adhere firmly to deadlines and use time efficiently.
- Familiar with gallery operations and schedules.
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends.
- Strong communication and writing skills; creative and effective in marketing and social media.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Photoshop, editing digital imagery and working with inventory systems.
- Reliable transportation and insurable driving record
$14.00 to $18.90 per hour
431 S. Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90013
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants may submit an employment application or cover letter and resume by mail, email, or fax to: Exceptional Children’s Foundation, 5350 Machado Road, Culver City, CA 90203, firstname.lastname@example.org, 310.391.1059.
Exceptional Children’s Foundation (ECF) provides the highest quality services for children and adults who are challenged with developmental, learning and emotional disabilities – empowering them to reach their greatest potential. Each year, ECF serves more than 3,700 clients and their families at 15 sites throughout Los Angeles County. Established in 1946, ECF is the only organization of its kind in California to provide a lifespan of services for children and adults with developmental disabilities.
Exceptional Children’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or intellectual disability, medical condition (including pregnancy and medical conditions related to childbirth), military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by state or federal laws.