Arts Jobs - DetailArt Instructor (substitute)
Exceptional Children's Foundation
Los Angeles, CA
The Instructor will work one-on-one with adult artists with developmental disabilities to develop their own unique artwork for sale. Will function in several media of artistic expression in addition to a concentration in at least one art specialty area that can be adapted to create successful projects with our artists.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of our artists, and help to maintain an overall enjoyable studio for all participants.
- Demonstrated art specialty through a portfolio of art work. Knowledge and interest in contemporary art needed.
- Instructor will implement artistic, educational, and behavioral treatment plans monthly.
- The position entails working with a several developmentally disabled adult artists at a time in a fun and energetic atmosphere.
- Experience with the developmentally disabled community is highly preferred, but not required.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree and one demonstrable art skill.
- Experience: Six months in any combination of the following: studio work, teaching (including undergrad TA positions), work on public and private art projects, art installations, work in art museums, or any other directly related experience.
- Knowledge/Skills: Knowledge in one art specialty area. Effective verbal and written communication skills to teach adult artists.
ECF Art Centers in Downtown LA, Mid-City, LA, San Pedro, and Culver City.
$12.00 to $15.00 per hour
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants may submit an employment application or cover letter and resume and portfolio (digital images, link to portfolio artwork, hard copy, etc.) by mail, email, or fax to: Exceptional Children’s Foundation, 5350 Machado Road, Culver City, CA 90203, email@example.com, (310) 391-1059. Please visit our website at www.ecf.net.
Exceptional Children’s Foundation (ECF) provides the highest quality services for children and adults who are challenged with developmental, learning and emotional disabilities – empowering them to reach their greatest potential. Each year, ECF serves more than 3,700 clients and their families at 15 sites throughout Los Angeles County. Established in 1946, ECF is the only organization of its kind in California to provide a lifespan of services for children and adults with developmental disabilities.
Exceptional Children’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or intellectual disability, medical condition (including pregnancy and medical conditions related to childbirth), military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by state or federal laws.