Arts Jobs - DetailAs-Needed Preparator
Asian Art Museum
San Francisco, CA
The Asian Art Museum is seeking skilled preparators to assist in upcoming exhibition installations, de-installations, and other museum projects involving the safe handling and movement of artworks. The preparator will perform various semi-skilled and skilled duties in the preparation, fabrication, installation, and disassembly of exhibit displays and display furniture. The nature of the work involves heavy lifting, manual dexterity, and the ability to physically handle delicate, valuable, and irreplaceable art objects with extreme care.
- Two (2) years experience in the installation of exhibit displays including the installation of three-dimensional objects in conjunction with wire object mounts; or a relevant combination of education, training, and experience.
- Knowledge of: standard tools, practices, and methods used in exhibit installation; safe work practices related to the installation of art.
- Skill in the use of small power tools such as drills, jigsaws, and circular saws, with an emphasis in woodworking and case fabrication.
- Ability to problem solve and to work well under pressure with conflicting demands.
- Ability to: lift and move heavy objects up to 50 pounds and at heights up to 6 feet; physically handle delicate and valuable works of art with extreme care.
- Extremely reliable, and dependable, with sense of humor.
Note: Successful applicants for these positions must undergo background checks prior to hiring.
- $22.31 - $26.79 per hour
- (Due to the temporary nature of this position, there is no benefit package included.)
Apply online at http://asianart.snaphire.com/?job=8997CAC