Arts Jobs - DetailMarketing Director
The Shotgun Players
Marketing Director at Shotgun Players
Truly a Girl/Guy Friday for our ever-expanding non-profit theater, the Marketing Director takes charge of all things marketing and design-related, from the voice of our emails to the layout of our programs. The ideal candidate will be a super self-motivator and deadline-maker who can multi-task like a pro! Our office houses a fairly small team of go-getters, so we’re looking for someone who brings a can-do attitude and plenty of creative passion to the table.
- Maintain our annual marketing calendar with schedules and deadlines for online and print media.
- Spearhead the weekly marketing emails that promote our productions and get longtime supporters and newcomers alike into our theater.
- Flex your design muscles with layout for our production posters and postcards, party invitations, front of house signage, web-ready ads for social media, and program design for each show.
- Organize our annual Subscription and Artist campaigns by designing web-appropriate artwork, writing copy, and executing our marketing timeline.
- Support patron outreach by creating press packets, writing PSAs, designing annual subscriber packets, and updating our subscriber Wordpress blog.
- Maintain and update the Shotgun website using our CMS, including show pages, homepage and calendar updates, production photo uploads, and promo pop-ups.
- Fierce computer skills (proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office is a must, experience with ticketing software/CMS is a plus)
- Experience with creating press-ready design and the ability to design for both print and web
- Basic HTML knowledge a plus, though not required
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and people skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Grace, patience, and a sense of humor under pressure
Time Commitment & Compensation
- 20 hours per week
- All work is done on-site, at our theater in South Berkeley
- BOE annual salary with vacation and sick pay (health insurance is not currently offered for part-time employees)
Email a cover letter, resume, at least two references, and a few words on what you love most about theater to Shotgun Players Managing Director Liz Lisle: Liz@shotgunplayers.org. Please put “Marketing Director” in the subject line.