Arts Jobs - DetailArchitecture Shop Technician
Academy of Art University
San Francisco, CA
Who We Are:
If you have always dreamed of living and working in a world class city, while honing your professional energy in a fast-paced, challenging and engaging work environment, then we are the employer for you -- Academy of Art University, the leading art & design university in the nation. As a student-focused and dynamic institution, we believe our employees are direct contributors to the future of art and design.
Architecture Shop Technician
- Train and provide for the safety of all students using the shop.
- Assist students in the fabrication of architectural models and related projects.
- Attend safety meetings pertaining to the Architecture Department and the University at large.
- Perform general maintenance, simple construction and fabrication as assigned by the Department Director.
- Issue and recover tools for students and instructors.
- Clean, repair, and maintain all tools and machinery in the shop.
- Regularly inventory shop tools and supplies.
- Monitor receiving area.
- Perform other shop-related duties as required or assigned.
- Must possess a basic knowledge of the tools, materials and techniques typical to the representation and fabrication of Architectural models.
- The applicant must be skilled in the operation of standard hand tools as well as large-scale shop equipment (including, but not limited to table saw, drill press, miter saw, band saw, router, belt sander, etc.)
- The applicant must possess at least one year of administrative experience preferably in an educational or architectural environment.
- The applicant must demonstrate proficiency in the following software: Microsoft Office, Adobe CS3 suite, AutoCAD.
- The applicant must demonstrate direct or applicable experience in the use of a computer-controlled laser engraving system.
This is a part-time position, working when school is in session. Must be flexible and willing to work weekend, morning or night hours.