Arts Jobs - DetailResearch & Grant Coordinator
Southern CA Institute of Architecture
Los Angeles, CA
Located in downtown Los Angeles, the Southern California Institute of Architecture (SCI-Arc) is a center of innovation and one of the nation’s few independent architecture schools.
The Research & Grant Coordinator will support grant activities by working closely with the development and SCI-Arc leadership teams to identify and develop compelling proposals in response to international private and government funding opportunities for the school's endeavors in the fields of planning, engineering, design and digital fabrication. This position will also research relevant studies and statistics, crafting proposals, timely submission of and tracking of proposals, and preparing grant reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write and assemble compelling applications for federal, state and local government funding opportunities, as well as proposals for foundation and corporate funders, in partnership with SCI-Arc leadership
- Prepare required progress, final reports and school literature, including gathering necessary information from program and finance staff, drafting written reports
- Constantly and systematically scan the landscape for funding opportunities, especially "big idea" Funding, and relate these opportunities to activities at SCI-Arc
- Research information and statistics needed to support proposals and reports. Monitor developments within the community using published reports and article
- Maintains/initiates contact with and develops grant proposals for foundations and corporations, and manages grant contract compliance and reporting
- Coordinates Advancement research activities
- Work cooperatively with SCI-Arc leadership and faculty to identify, evaluate and pursue project based funding resources and opportunities
- Broker meetings and discussions between SCI-Arc faculty and external constituents to produce innovative partnerships and bold agendas at the forefront of architecture, design and urban planning
- Assist faculty to shape their work into fundable projects with the potential for formulating transdisciplinary teams and public/private partnerships
- Represent the institution externally in meetings with potential funders/partners
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-4 years’ experience in development, grant writing and/or research writing
- Excellent writing, analytical and research skills are essential
- Adept researcher with well-honed technical skills and extensive experience working with search engines
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented and highly collaborative
- Proficiency in MS Office and have experience using online databases and other sounds to locate biographical, financial and philanthropic information
- Ability to build mutually beneficial working relationships across multiple sectors and fields
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to understand and articulate SCI-Arc
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours as needed
- Ability to travel as needed
We offer a great benefits package with medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and paid time off.
SCI-Arc is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values Diversity.
To apply, please complete an application at: https://my.sciarc.edu/ICS/Employment_Info/HOME.jnz?portlet=Apply_for_Employment_at_SCI-Arc