Arts Jobs - DetailDigital Media Manager
Southern CA Institute of Architecture
Los Angeles, CA
- Located in downtown Los Angeles, the Southern California Institute of Architecture (SCI-Arc) is a center of innovation and one of the nation’s few independent architecture schools.
- The Digital Media Manager will develop, disseminate and produce written and visual content to support SCI-Arc's internal and external communications via the website, social media platforms as well as traditional media.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create overall outreach strategy for website and social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Vimeo)
- Implement and maintain editorial calendar for website and social media accounts
- Update the school’s website using content management system; assess content needs with department heads and academic program coordinators, and serve as web editor and publisher
- Administer the Institute’s social media platforms and coordinate all social media outreach, including the production of content during SCI-Arc’s public events
- Compose social media advertising campaigns to promote admissions deadlines, academic programs and other school updates
- Coordinate content distribution on You Tube SCI-Arc Channel in collaboration with Media Manager
- Create news and announcements for the web and provide research & editing support for press releases and other materials including SCI-Arc’s bi-annual magazine
- Analyze traffic across all digital platforms to identify pages and sections with the highest number of visitors, as well as work with departments within SCI-Arc to formulate action plans to drive increased traffic to website and promote programs and activities
- Supervise student photographers and maintain image database, ensuring SCI-Arc maintains a robust and user-friendly digital image archive
- Work with graphic designers to ensure consistent brand identity across all platforms
- Other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related field
- Minimum 4 years of experience in communication & marketing with emphasis on digital media.
- Experience in writing and copy-editing
- Thorough understanding of social media trends and strategies with a proven track record of increasing social media presence
- Photography experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interest in Architecture & Design
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Ability to work certain evenings and weekends
We offer a great benefits package with medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and paid time off.
SCI-Arc is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values Diversity.
To apply, please complete an application at: https://my.sciarc.edu/ICS/Employment_Info/HOME.jnz?portlet=Apply_for_Employment_at_SCI-Arc