Arts Jobs - DetailProduction Manager
Mediate Art Group
San Francisco, CA
MEDIATE Art Group, the San Francisco-based non-profit arts organization behind the Soundwave Biennial is seeking a Production Manager.
Production Manager Responsibilities
As Production Manager, you will be responsible for organizational and programming management and activities for our non-profit, which includes our acclaimed Soundwave Biennial. This position involves independent work with writing, phone calls and emails. Candidates should be confident with managing volunteers, artists, and events.
Program Manager Duties
- Communication Liaison w/ Artists with AD
- Produce and Manage Artist Contracts
- Deliver payments and signed contracts to artists with Artistic and Managing Director
- Gather and manage technical and communication materials from artists
- Manage artist technical and logistical needs
Event Coordination and Planning
- Communication Liaison to Vendors/Venues with MD
- Manage Permits/Insurance etc.
- Coordinate, procure and prepare event materials and documents
- Plan with AD and manage event experience, technical needs, layout, logistics and schedules
- Plan with AD and support audience event experience
- Coordinate and manage ticketing, sales, and guest list needs
- Coordinate volunteers for each event
- Help resolve artist/audience/venue event issues
- Assisting at Public events, including, but not exclusively to, helping with setup and strike, merchandise, box office, concessions, and ushering. w/event team
- Coordinate and design promotional and communication efforts (collateral, distribution, advertising, social media, press) w/ event team
- Send and produce weekly email newsletters during fest
- Update websites and social networks
- Support other marketing and communication efforts
- Keep track of media correspondence and follow up accordingly
- Manage tasks, schedules and responsibilities of Communication and Media interns
- Promote a healthy work environment, support morale, develop and inspire better internal and external processes
- Manage internal production schedule and staff event tasks
- Lead and moderate production and planning meetings
- Host events with Artistic Director
- At minimum 8 in-office hours/week (1-2 days/week)
- At minimum 32 in-office hours/month
- Available for weekly production meetings
Available Event days
- Work is done collaboratively with team members and independently reporting to the Artistic and Managing Director.
- Some nights and weekends are required.
- This is a fee-for-service independent contractor position.
- $2,500 per 6 month contract.
- Passionate about the arts and music
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office/Google Docs
- A go-getter with a proactive attitude
- Ability to work collaboratively & independently
- Willingness to commit at least 32 hours/month
- Leadership capabilities and initiative
- People management and event planning experience a plus
- Requires in-office work M-F to coordinate with artists/vendors and meetings, coordination and work with the MEDIATE team
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite preferred
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs a plus
- A/V and or lighting experience a plus
Please read full job description and visit us on the web at me-di-ate.net, and soundwavesf.com. Please send your resume and cover letter highlighting relevant experience to email@example.com. Position is open until filled.