Arts Jobs - DetailMuseum Receptionist
Los Angeles, CA
Summary of Position: Greet visitors and professionally represent the organization at the reception desk of the Hollywood Bowl Museum. This position will be two days a week during the off season with the possibility of more shifts during the busy summer season.
Receptionist / Concierge Duties:
- Answer main telephones lines and direct callers.
- Greet guests and announce visitors.
- Open and redirect general mail.
- Sign for daily deposit, packages, and direct messengers.
- Maintain the cleanliness and integrity of the museum and its exhibits.
- Be knowledgeable about current exhibits and Hollywood Bowl history.
- Process small cash transactions, and keep an accurate record of cash on-hand.
- Maintain and stock brochures in the lobby and ensure area is neat and welcoming.
- Maintain museum staff comp tickets during the respective seasons.
- Communicate with Operations and Museum Assistant about all building issues.
- Work with Museum Assistant to maintain quality of museum.
- Work with Docents to represent the museum and organization.
- Minimum 2 years administrative support experience in a fast-paced professional environment.
- Excellent phone manner and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and initiative.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrable ability to represent the Association in a professional manner both on the phone and in person.
- Good computer literacy and proficiency (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Internet based research, etc.).
- Classical music and/ or museum background a plus.
- Must be able to correctly pronounce visiting artists, conductors and composers names.
How to Apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful.