Arts Jobs - DetailMarketing and Promotions Associate
Job title: Marketing and Promotions Associate
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Communications
Job type: Full-time Salaried, non-exempt
The Marketing and Promotions Associate will be responsible for budgeting and the execution of the day-to-day marketing and promotional activities for seasonal and special event productions. This person will coordinate all areas of institutional and production-specific messaging and sales efforts. The Marketing and Promotions Associate will interface with staff in the following departments: Marketing and Communications, Subscriptions, Groups Sales, Box Office, Publicity, Artistic/Education, Development, IT, Administration/Finance, General Management and Playhouse Volunteer Organizations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Helps manage the marketing plans and calendars for all productions and institutional efforts
- Serves as point person to all reciprocal partners for social media/e-blast trade requests
- Creates, updates and monitors all promotional codes on a show-by-show basis
- Executes direct mail campaigns for all productions and special events
- Creates targeted community outreach and group lists for each production
- Initiates and coordinates all promotions and promotional events with retail, business, festival and community partners
- Works in conjunction with promotions agency on specific productions
- Oversees the creation and production of all marketing collateral for production and institutional needs
- Manages and coordinates street teams and direct distribution marketing efforts
- Collaborates with Digital Marketing Associate on promotional e-blasts to Playhouse patrons
- Works with Group Sales Department on school groups and fundraisers
- Coordinates the submission for various award considerations for Playhouse productions
- Assists the Director of Marketing & Communications on research efforts pertaining to grant initiatives and internal data
- Contributes content to The Playhouse’s social media channels working in conjunction with the Digital Media Associate
- Organizes the dissemination of collateral materials with the Front of House Managers
- Partners with marketing team members on opening night pre- and post-show events
- Maintains and manages budget
Education & Work Experience:
Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree; marketing and promotions training preferred
- One to three years of marketing and promotions work experience
- Graphic design experience is a plus
- Adobe suite, including InDesign and Photoshop preferred
- Microsoft Office Suites applications and CRM programs such as Patron Manager or Tessitura preferred
- Theater or the performing arts
- Online survey platforms like SurveyMonkey
- Social Media
Skills and Abilities to:
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to follow-through
- Exceedingly well organized
- Adapt designs for various collateral needs
- Work as a team member and foster a cooperative work environment
- Work collaboratively with staff in various disciplines and with vendors outside of The Playhouse
- Meet deadlines
- Problem solve and determine best course of action
- Work independently and manage time effectively
- Maintain accurate records
- Must be flexible and adaptble to rapid change
- Basic photography and video/editing skill is a plus
This job operates in a professional fast paced and fluid office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Some evenings and weekend responsibilities and events are required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Must be able to safely lift up to 30lbs.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience and ability. Benefit package includes health, dental & life insurance. Start date is immediate.
- Please email cover letter, resume, two references, and 2-3 writing sample (i.e., direct mail piece, flyer/postcard) to email@example.com.
The Pasadena Playhouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.