Arts Jobs - DetailTrust & Estates Specialist
Shabtai's Auction House
North Hollywood, CA
Are you a talented and knowledgeable in the antiques/ auction house world? Then set your sights on a high-profile career in our unique environment. We are in need for a lead property appraisal for a new auction house in the categories of old/antique coins, comics, historical, modern & contemporary art, illustration art, decorative arts, entertainment and music, armory, furniture and more.
SUMMARY: Responsible for building relationships and providing specialist opinion for authenticating on all aspects of vetting of conditions and properties consigned. Please apply with a cover letter.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer inquiries
- Evaluate property and establish auction estimates
- Acquire consignments
- Assist with authentication, cataloguing, essays, and condition reporting as needed
- Proofread catalogs, essays, and advertising copy
- Market lots in auctions to various clients
- Participate in expansion of client database
- Oversee previews and actively participate in auctions
- Other duties may be assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degrees required, Master’s degree preferred; 3+ years experience as a commercial dealer and/or in a major auction house working environment with focus in Trust & Estates; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Must be highly proficient in basic Microsoft applications, specifically Word and Excel; have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written); high ability to multitask; pay great attention to detail; have a positive attitude with exceptional customer service skills.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS:
Individual may occasionally lift up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Individual must be able to work in a fast paced team environment. The following are attributes that we are seeking in all employees: Self-motivation, intelligence, and strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to follow set standards and take direction
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment
- Absolute drive to complete projects on time and in a detailed manner
- Excellent organizational skills: accurate and thorough
- Excellent communication