Arts Jobs - DetailDevelopment Director
San Francisco, CA
Reporting to the Publisher, the Development Director manages all fundraising efforts as McSweeney’s continues to transition to nonprofit operation. These may include annual giving, crowdfunding, major gifts, corporate sponsorships, grant solicitation, event planning, and in-kind donations. The Development Director serves as an ambassador for the organization and provides leadership, strategic direction, oversight, coordination and priority setting in the areas of resource development and communications.
- Create and execute a strategy for a base of annual individual donors, and implement tactics to grow our donor base
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors and implement a major gifts program
- Identify and develop corporate, community and individual prospects for the organization’s fundraising priorities
- Coordinate donor events and meetings
- Oversee the design, printing and distribution of marketing and communication materials for development efforts
- Work with marketing and communications staff to align the organization’s overall communications strategies with fundraising efforts
- Develop and track proposals and reports for foundation and corporate grants
- Donor data management and analysis
Qualified applicants should have:
- 3-5 years of experience working in nonprofit development.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Knowledge of and a love for publishing.
- Ability to take initiative and lead project teams.
To apply, please send a résumé, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.