Arts Jobs - DetailArt Handler
U.S.Art Co. Inc.
Los Angeles, CA
Art Handler / Prep. Los Angeles region (Carson, CA). U.S.Art is the nation's largest fine art handling company. Operating for over 30 years, our company provides the most comprehensive, museum-quality art handling services in the country. We are committed to providing unparalleled services to museums, galleries, and private collectors.
The art handler / prep candidates must be highly motivated, detail oriented, team players with prior experience at a museum, gallery, or other art handling company. An hourly position, 5 days a week. We offer health insurance, 401K, profit sharing, paid sick and vacation days.
Skills are to include, but not be limited to-
- Knowledge of best practices for wrapping and packing 2-D and 3-D objects. Ability to select proper archival and other packing materials depending upon the medium, surfaces, condition, and fragility of a particular work.
- Know how to pack a slat crate, travel frame, shadow box, slipcase, cavity pack, and standard crating techniques.
- Know how to properly wrap, load, and strap artworks within a truck to keep them safe in transit.
- Prepare condition reports.
- Install artwork using various hardware and in changing settings.
- Pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Have a valid driver's license.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Provide your own basic tool kit.
- Lift 50lbs.