Arts Jobs - DetailArt Instructor-Printmaker
Exceptional Children's Foundation
The Instructor will work one-on-one with adult artists with developmental disabilities to develop their own unique artwork for sale. Qualified candidates will know a variety of printmaking techniques and other mixed-media techniques including drawing, painting, collage, etc. that can be adapted to create successful projects with our artists.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Work with several developmentally disabled adult artists at a time in a fun and energetic atmosphere.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of our artists, and help maintain an overall enjoyable studio for all participants.
- Implement artistic, educational, and behavioral treatment plans monthly.
- Experience with the developmentally disabled community is highly preferred, but not required.
- Education: Bachelor's degree and technical printmaking skills.
- Experience: Six months in any combination of the following: studio work, teaching (including undergrad TA positions), work on public and private art projects, art installations, work in art museums, or any other directly related experience.
- Knowledge/ Abilities/Skills: Knowledge of print press operations and maintenance and the use of various types of plates. Effective verbal and written communication skills to teach adult artists. Knowledge and interest in contemporary art needed. Ability to operate and maintain a professional printing press as demonstrated through a portfolio of art work.
$12.00 to $15.00 per hour
431 S. Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90013
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants may submit an employment application or cover letter and resume and portfolio (digital images, link to portfolio artwork, hard copy, etc.) by mail, email, or fax to: Exceptional Children’s Foundation, 5350 Machado Road, Culver City, CA 90230, firstname.lastname@example.org, (310) 391-1059.
Exceptional Children’s Foundation (ECF) provides the highest quality services for children and adults who are challenged with developmental, learning and emotional disabilities – empowering them to reach their greatest potential. Each year, ECF serves more than 3,700 clients and their families at 15 sites throughout Los Angeles County. Established in 1946, ECF is the only organization of its kind in California to provide a lifespan of services for children and adults with developmental disabilities.
Exceptional Children’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or intellectual disability, medical condition (including pregnancy and medical conditions related to childbirth), military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by state or federal laws.
Addressee:5350 Machado Rd
Address: 5350 Machado Rd