Arts Jobs - DetailFacilities Manager
Minnesota Street Project
San Francisco, CA
The Facilities Manager will be responsible for overall operational efficiency, safety and security, and maintenance of Minnesota Street Project’s three buildings and our related daily facilities activities. This hands-on role is essential to the success of Minnesota Street Project by ensuring the highest-quality visitor and tenant experience throughout our 115,000 square foot campus.
The Facilities Manager bears enterprise-wide responsibility for clean, safe and well-functioning building environments. Duties also include management of facilities staff and vendors. This is a full-time, exempt position that reports to the Managing Partners of the Minnesota Street Project. The Facilities Manager will be required to work on occasional Saturdays and Sundays and should have the ability to be flexible and on-call day and night.
Facilities & Maintenance
- Utilize visitor feedback and periodic site reviews to develop facility plans that regularly assess, addresses and anticipate the facilities’ effectiveness in providing the highest quality visitor and tenant experiences and make necessary improvements in a timely and effective manner, including determining capital needs and requirements
- Oversee acquisition, installation, operation, repairs, maintenance, and disposal of building systems, structures, permanent interiors, furniture, equipment, grounds (including landscaping), and exterior building elements
- Manage delivery of all facilities services, including negotiating and managing contracted services, administering policies and procedures, and managing vendor relationships
- While delivering the highest quality visitor and tenant experiences, develop and implement practices for visitors, tenants, and staff that promote and protect health, safety and security, quality of work life, the environment, and organizational effectiveness
- Develop and manage a comprehensive safety plan for the all facilities including an injury and illness prevention plan and an emergency procedures plan
- Support our Program Department’s needs for rotating exhibits, events, and other special programming
- Oversee hiring and training and provide day-to-day management and periodic evaluation of Facilities’ security, janitorial, and other staff and contractors
- Manage the Project’s relationship with fire marshal, law enforcement, and special events permitting agencies
- Partner with Exhibits and Events teams on preparation, set-up, tear-down, and restoration of the facilities and their event and exhibit spaces before and after events and exhibit changes
- Plan and manage all phases of minor building and systems-upgrade projects, including construction projects and renovations
- Track progress of projects and follow up on individual tasks as appropriate; adhere to deadlines, renegotiating timelines well in advance as needed.
- Anticipate problems, proactively develop solutions, think creatively to push past roadblocks, and course correct as projects advance
- Develop and maintain a system to organize and transport event and special program equipment
- Function as the primary point of contact internally and externally for all facilities related issues.
- Other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years related experience in public facilities
- Knowledge of key building systems operation and maintenance
- Knowledge of good customer service principals
- Demonstrated ability to develop, monitor and implement budgets
- Ability to manage several projects at once and manage a complex project and program schedule.
- Knowledge of tool and shop safety
- Knowledge of best practices of installation methods
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Tolerance of ambiguity, change, risk, rapid iteration and a fast-paced work environment; ability to manage pressure with sense of humor, perspective and strong prioritization, and positivity
- Exemplary communication and client relationship skills
- Demonstrated ability to function well as a self-starter, team member, problem solver and strategic thinker
- Ability to work well with a variety of people from various backgrounds and cultures.
- General comfort with technology and proficiency with building automation applications
- Valid California Driver’s License
Please send a single PDF with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put "Facilities Manager" in the subject line. No calls, please.
Address: 1150 25th St