Arts Jobs - Detail2 Assistant Stage Managers
La Jolla Music Society
La Jolla, CA
Dates of Employment & Time Commitment:
- Pre-Festival Meetings: TBD 1-2 days/1-4 hours during July 21-27, 2016.
- Festival Dates: August 1-27, 2016
- Please note that this is a time-heavy commitment. Span of day is often 8am-midnight. Any conflicts need to be reported at the time of application. Best efforts to get every team member at least 1 day off per week.
- The Assistant Stage Manager agrees to be hired as an independent contractor and fill out a W-9 form for tax purposes.
- The ASM must be self-directed, and take initiative to complete the tasks assigned at all points throughout the festival, anticipating problems and offering solutions.
- DRESS CODE: Daytime Dress Code: Business casual, jeans are allowed, closed-toed shoes at all times. Concert Dress Code: Business dress – all black pants, long sleeved black shirts, black socks & shoes. No jeans or sneakers.
- ASMs are responsible for their own transportation to and from work, as well as housing if you are not from San Diego.
- Assist the Principal Stage Manager with the running of all rehearsals, performances and other venue related activities throughout the duration of SummerFest.
- Review upcoming schedules to ensure smooth operation of the day’s events, and discuss concerns with the Principal Stage Manager.
- Create stage diagrams and rehearse stage changes with the entire stage team daily for each concert. It is very important that all stage changes are fully rehearsed in concert order before each concert. Stage managers are the run crew for every performance.
- Maintain a safe and clean area onstage, backstage, in the green room, and anywhere that staff or artists will have access to in each venue.
- Coordinate with venue staff (production and custodial) to ensure the stage and green room are clean and stocked with appropriate necessities (paper goods, tables and chairs, etc.)
- Stock & refresh the green room multiple times a day. Make shopping trips for items that need replacing.
- Attend to artist needs at all times.
- Maintain the highest level of communication with the Principal Stage Manager, Director of Theatre Operations, and LJMS Artistic Staff members.