Arts Jobs - DetailDance, Musical Theater or Circus Arts Master Instructor
Kids 'N Dance 'N Theater Arts
The Master Instructor position is a salaried position. Candidates must be proficient in two of the three arts: Dance, Musical Theater and / or Circus Arts instructor and must have a minimum of 1 year experience teaching children. Responsibilities include teaching, office work and production support. Show weekend evening availability is required. Start date May-June however may consider later date for ideal candidate.
Dance Instructor (must be able to teach Musical Theater OR Circus Arts as well)
Teach creative movement, ballet, tap, modern & hip-hop to kids 18 months - 10 years old. Expertise in all forms of dance not required but basic-intermediate ballet or lyrical is. Curriculum and training is provided for creative movement and ballet. Instructor needs to be committed to learning our program which relies heavily on imagery and animated, high-energy, sometimes goofy delivery of the material. All while purposefully integrating foundational skills.
Musical Theater Director (must be able to teach Dance OR Circus Arts as well)
Produce high quality full theater stage productions for children 4-14 rehearsing once a week for 10-12 weeks. Small casts of 12-15 ensures everyone gets quality stage time and you have time to work on skill development. Directors audition, select and modify one of our scripts, choreograph, block, write tech scripts, coordinate volunteers and pull from our sets and costumes. Resources are available to help lower the workload (time lines, videos of same exact shows for reference, various scripts of the same play, etc) Assistants are provided for larger casts and for the actual productions.
Circus Arts Instructor (must be able to teach Dance OR Musical Theater as well)
Teach introductory-intermediate level gymnastics, aerial silk and trapeze. We welcome leadership in developing a cohesive program and youth circus troupe.
QUALIFICATION & SKILLS:
- Minimum or 1+ years teaching children
- Proficiency in 2 out of 3 arts (see above)
- Highly organized with an ability to managing multiple, concurrent priorities and responsibilities
- Skilled and welcoming communicator with parents and children
- High energy with enthusiastic demeanor
- Basic sales, office and computer skills
- Ability to master registration and POS software program
- Must have car to commute to different locations as needed
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule. One weekend day required. Weekend evenings required during show times. Friday evenings required in the summers.
- Ideal candidate is someone who is less interested in pursuing their own performance opportunities in exchange a long term, stable, salaried position with potential for growth
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary in a highly creative environment
- Sick leave
- Paid Vacation
- Kaiser Health insurance
- Free family classes
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
On Stage - Kids 'N Dance 'N Theater Arts in Oakland & Lafayette is a well regarded program that has been around for 20 years. We are woman owned & managed and are committed to providing the accessible and supportive high quality instruction in dance, musical theater and circus arts. Our Dance Program is non-competitive and developmentally appropriate and attracts families interested in recreational dance enrichment. Our Musical Theater Program more product and less process based and is more demanding especially for older casts. Our growing Circus Arts program features class in gymnastics/acrobatics, aerial arts (silk, trapeze & lyra) and clowning.
- Submit a resume and cover letter.
- Include the following in your cover letter:
- your experience teaching children
- your experience in Dance, Musical Theater and/or Circus Arts
Addressee:3840 MacArthur Blvd
Address: Oakland, Ca 94619