Arts Jobs - DetailMarketing and Digital Engagement Manager
Asian Art Museum
San Francisco, CA
The Asian Art Museum is the largest museum in the U.S. devoted exclusively to Asian art and culture with over 18,000 works of art spanning 6,000 years from over 40 countries. With Asia as our lens and art as our cornerstone, we strive to spark connections across cultures and through time, and to be a catalyst for discovery, dialogue, and inspiration.
We are looking for an experienced marketing professional to join the museum’s award-winning Marketing department. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Brand, the Marketing and Digital Engagement Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of marketing strategies and initiatives that drive revenue and attendance, expand audiences, and elevate the museum’s brand. This position will develop marketing plans and campaigns which may include, but are not limited to, advertising and promotions, digital initiatives, social media, email, direct mail, collateral, events, and partnerships that maximize marketing efforts and budgets. This position will report to the Director of Marketing and Brand, while working closely with peers in Communications, Creative Services, Digital, Community Engagement, Education and other departments.
The successful candidate will possess the skills of a creative, strategic thought partner as well as of a tactical executor, and have experience with traditional and digital marketing best practices as well as fresh, out-of-the-box thinking.
Examples of Duties
- Works closely with the Director of Marketing and Brand to develop and execute marketing plans, including defining strategies, designing media plans (selection, placement and timing of paid media, negotiation of rates and sponsorships), creating content and materials, and developing appropriate partnerships and promotions. Assists in the selection and management of vendors and external partners. Ensures all marketing campaigns are delivered on time and within budget; reports on campaign performance.
- Develops and implements online marketing strategies that achieve financial and attendance goals, drive web traffic, and builds the museum’s online audiences through various channels, e.g. the museum’s website, online advertising, social media, influencer events and campaigns. Helps set KPIs and reviews performance data to determine the effectiveness of these strategies. Oversees the museum’s email marketing calendar, content and distribution. Partners with the Digital and Creative Services departments on website content management, user experience improvements, functionality updates, and analytics.
- Manages the workflow of a fast-paced, deadline-driven department. Oversees the marketing production schedule and works closely with the Creative Services department, external vendors and/or agencies to develop creative and content for various marketing channels. Supervises the trafficking of marketing materials internally and to external partners. Ensures all materials are consistent with the museum’s brand guidelines and reflect appropriate key messages.
- Develops and manages partnerships with the media, influencers, the travel industry, professional associations, cultural organizations and other entities that support the museum’s marketing goals and initiatives.
- Working with the Director of Marketing and Brand and the Manager of Research and Evaluation, design audience research and analyze data in order to measure the effectiveness of the museum’s marketing efforts.
- Assists with planning and managing the department’s annual budget, and other financial tasks and activities. Performs other administrative tasks as required.
- Serves on cross-departmental teams and represents the department at internal and external meetings and events in lieu of the Director of Marketing and Brand as requested.
- Supervises the Marketing Coordinator position and provides direction, mentoring and coaching. Supervises volunteers and interns as necessary.
- B.A. degree plus five (5) years progressively responsible marketing experience. Previous advertising agency experience and/or experience with consumer brands a plus; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Skills as both a creative strategic thought partner and a tactical executor.
- Experience and comfort with traditional and digital marketing best practices as well as fresh, out-of-the-box thinking. Demonstrated ability to plan and execute marketing strategies and integrated marketing campaigns. Experience with developing and evaluating media plans and managing the production of marketing materials.
- Excellent project management, task prioritization, time and budget management, meeting facilitation, decision making, research and analytical skills; strong problem solving, relationship building, and client management skills; outstanding written and oral communications skills.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented team player with a positive and proactive attitude. Ability to inspire and coalesce varying points of view; provide and receive critical feedback.
- Ability to display good judgment; successfully sort multiple priorities; maintain a sense of perspective and humor while working under pressure; detail-oriented while seeing the “big picture”.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team and across departments. Ability to establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with others; plan, assign, and direct the work of volunteers and subordinate staff.
- Experience working with and managing outside external partners such as media planners, graphic designers, advertising agencies, production vendors and consultants.
- Sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences when communicating with culturally diverse audiences. Familiarity with Asian art and culture a plus.
- Familiarity with the San Francisco Bay Area cultural, destination and entertainment market. Tourism marketing experience a plus.
- At ease with using technology and learning new platforms. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, experience using web content management systems, Google Analytics, and mail systems such as MailChimp or Constant Contact.
- Has a passion for marketing and understanding what makes people tick. Has the pulse on what’s trending in pop culture and evolving in the marketing/advertising industry.
- Additional language skills are a plus.
Competitive salary and benefits package.
Apply online at http://asianart.snaphire.com/?job=9258CAC
The Asian Art Museum is one of the largest museums in the Western world devoted exclusively to Asian art and culture. Home to more than 18,000 works of art from over 40 Asian countries, we strive to be a catalyst for discovery, dialogue, and inspiration. With Asia as our lens and art as our cornerstone, we spark connections across cultures and through time, igniting curiosity, conversation, and creativity.
The Asian Art Museum embraces diversity in its mission, programs, and staff.
Addressee:200 Larkin Street