Arts Jobs - DetailDevelopment Manager
Chinese Culture Foundation
San Francisco, CA
Chinese Culture Foundation of San Francisco (also known as Chinese Culture Center or CCC) is seeking a highly skilled Development Manager who will be responsible for the leadership and management of fundraising activities to cultivate and motivate its donor base.
We are seeking a highly experienced and skilled Development Manager to lead the organization’s fundraising efforts. The Development Manager is a key thought leader of the management team and works closely with the Artistic Director to increase organization’s fundraising capacity. S/he is an effective communicator, possesses outstanding interpersonal skills and is deeply committed to the mission of intercultural engagement.
- Create and execute an over-arching development vision and strategy in partnership with Executive Director and Artistic Director
- Develop and implement a major gifts strategy to increase giving from individual donors with an emphasis on growing the network of prospective major donors
- Support the Board's External Committee and organize "Legacy Brick" strategy in our fundraising efforts
- Use Salesforce and other management tools to manage donor/membership base
- Support the Executive Director in managing relationships with Board members, major donors, corporate sponsors and foundations to promote a culture of philanthropy
- Lead and participate in CCC's development project and campaign
- Minimal of 2 years of successful fundraising experience and business development
- Passionate about Chinatown and community service
- Excellent interpersonal skills: outgoing, energetic and collaborative
- Sense of humor and grace under pressure
- Willingness to learn
A successful candidate is:
- Familiar with annual giving, major gifts and planned giving, communications and motivations for giving, capital campaigns, corporate and foundation giving, and fundraising through social media and Internet
- Motivated and self-driven
- Able to work under pressure and with multiple deadlines
- Excellent attention to details
- Multi-task with the ability to prioritize
- Comfortable with feedback and constructive criticism
- Able to work well with colleagues
To apply, send resume, cover letter, and a 2-page English writing sample to Justin at email@example.com. Screening process will be an ongoing basis.
About the Chinese Culture Foundation
Shaped by resistance, endurance and imagination, the Chinese Culture Center (CCC) ignites art interventions, engaging youth and residents, across generations and cultures. In so doing, we shift the dominant narrative about Chinese Americans, transform perceptions and empower underserved communities.
CCC is a community-based arts nonprofit. Our work is based in Chinatown and San Francisco’s open and public spaces, and other art institutions. Our mission is to spark intercultural discovery through art, education and engagement.
Addressee:750 Kearny Street