Arts Jobs - DetailEvents Manager
Public Programs at California Institute of Integral Studies
San Francisco, CA
The Events Manager is part of the Advancement Team at CIIS and reports to the Assoc. Director of Public Programs & Performances. The Events Manager is responsible for managing Public Programs events including large offsite conversations, lectures, conferences and concerts, VIP receptions, and fundraising events. The Events Manager directly manages the Events Coordinator and collaborates with the Events Coordinator in the successful hiring and training of student workers and volunteers.
The ideal candidate will support the mission and vision of CIIS, and will enjoy being part of a fast-paced and growing Advancement team. S/he will be personable, and understand the importance of cultivating effective working relationships both internally and externally with donors, board members, artists, vendors and more. The Events Manager will be available to work a flexible schedule including evenings and some weekends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Management of Public Programs Events
- Works closely with the Associate Director of Public Programs to ensure events run efficiently and cohesively. Is an active member of the Public Programs team.
- Must be willing to work some nights and weekends.
- Manages all activities of the Events Coordinator including negotiating tech needs, executing contract details, negotiating theater availability dates, setup of audiovisual equipment, display of promotional materials, and physical setup and break down of events.
- Oversees the Event Coordinator's hiring and management of student workers and volunteers onsite at events and during project implementation.
- Provides feedback on and assists in contractual negotiations in collaboration with Director of Public Programs.
- Manages details of executed contracts for all vendors related to events including artists, backline, theatre, box office, etc.
- Provides budgetary projections pre-event and detailed financial reports post-event.
- Monitors event outcomes and results in order to increase program growth.
- Works with box offices to set up ticket sales and dynamically price tickets to increase revenue.
- Provides excellent customer service both to presenters and participants in person, over the phone, and through email.
- Develops effective working relationships with CIIS faculty, staff and students, vendors, donors, volunteers, community partners and others to nurture their connections to the organization.
- Must be able to problem-solve with grace, humor, and efficiency, all unforeseen challenges for every event.
- Works on VIP events, salons, and P3 specific fundraisers, coordinating with Development as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT POLICY
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio- economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with a major in Communications and/or Business
- Accounting / Financial experience and/or small business management is preferred
- 2-3 years of event planning and/or office management experience with attention to detail
- High comfort level with databases and event registration software
- 1-2 years supervisory experience
- Works successfully on teams; resolves conflict; promotes cooperation, commitment, and pride
- Exceptional organizational and administrative skills a must
- Superior customer service skills and an ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies and audiences
- Professional written and oral communication skills a must
- Directs and works effectively with volunteers, staff, and/or donor-hosts in a wide range of activities while under pressure and/or deadlines
- Ability to work independently, operate under pressure, prioritize work assignments, and multi-task several ongoing projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite with intermediate to advanced Excel skills is highly desirable
- General understanding of event management within nonprofits is desired
- Ability to prioritize, anticipate upcoming issues, initiate processes, all while managing ongoing tasks
- The ideal candidate will be flexible, good natured, and have a sense of humor
NOTE TO CANDIDATE
- Physical Requirements:
This position requires the ability to;
Ability to sit for extended periods of time and the ability to manage repetitive hand/wrist movements while using a computer keyboard and/or the phone.
Ability to bend, squat, stoop, and occasionally walk up several flights of stairs
Ability to lift and/or carry 15-30lbs, occasionally
- Working Conditions:
Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday.
Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
CIIS offers a comprehensive benefits package with minimal employee cost, 401K, a generous holiday schedule, commuter benefits, vision, dental and health insurance, 7 hour work day, discounts on CIIS sponsored events and workshops and much more!
Visit the website to apply: https://ciis.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=70696