Arts Jobs - DetailManaging Director
Latino Theater Company
Los Angeles, CA
Latino Theater Company/Los Angeles Theatre Center seeks an experienced Managing Director with strong skills in marketing, fund development and organizational development in a nonprofit setting.
The Managing Director reports to the Board of Directors and works in partnership with the Artistic Director as part of the theatre’s executive team. The Managing Director plays an integral role in the development and execution of the organization’s strategic plan in addition to managing the day-to-day theater operations.
This is a full time position with a competitive salary. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or national origin. Position open until filled. Please send a cover letter, resume and salary history to Recruitment@thelatc.org. Please, no phone calls.
- Operations. Supervise the day-to-day management and operation of the Los Angeles Theater Center, LATC’s offices and rehearsal spaces, the other physical assets;
- Management and Facility Rentals: Markets the facility and maintains a strong customer focused venue for organizations wishing to rent the facility (either long term or short term). Is responsible for the rental and management of the office tower and oversees short-term rental of non-office theater spaces. Responsible for overseeing cleaning, maintenance and security of the building.
- Marketing. Oversee play marketing, institutional marketing, promotions, web sites, advertising media, including electronic marketing, internet advertising, and social media, and press and public relations;
- Finance. Safeguard LATC’s assets by ensuring accounting controls are institute and followed. Responsible for oversight of accurate financial reporting, including the development of reports used by the Board and Staff and those needed for compliance with the laws and regulations applicable to non-profit corporations; Responsible for oversight of the annual audit. Responsible for risk management.
- Fund Development. Responsible for supervision of contract and staff implemented fund raising efforts including grant writing, sponsorship acquisition, one-on-one fund development campaigns and the annual gala.
- Information Technology. Oversee all data collection and analysis, and the hardware and software systems utilized to manage and operate LTC’s business;
- Human Resources. Oversee every aspect of employee relations, compliance with laws and regulations, initiatives to ensure the absence of bias, and the overall promotion of Staff development and professional satisfaction;
- Work Environment. Oversee the work environment and organizational support structure so that artists, administrators, and production staff can produce work of the highest professional quality.
- Relations. Represent LTC with the County of Los Angeles, the Cities of Los Angeles and community members whose policies and assistance have a significant impact on LTC.
- Strategy. Work hand-in-hand with the Artistic Director to develop and pursue a sustainable business and artistic strategy. Ensures the organization is staying close to its mission and programs reach diverse audiences that across race, ethnicity, age, gender and economic status.
- Artistic Director. Support the Artistic Director in meeting his responsibilities.
Addressee:514 S Spring Street