Arts Jobs - DetailCataloguing Assistant
I.M. Chait Gallery/Auctioneers
Beverly Hills, CA
I.M. Chait Gallery/Auctioneers, an established boutique auction house specializing in Asian and decorative arts in Beverly Hills, is seeking a highly motivated, reliable and detailed oriented assistant to provide support to the cataloging staff in all aspects of sale production.
Duties include (but not limited to):
- Assist with cataloguing property, including condition, for public and private sales
- Assist with production, a particular emphasis on data entry, preparation and checking photography (maintain sale images, track progress with photo department, and keeping to deadlines).
- Assist in proofing all cataloguing before submitting final proof.
- Prepare condition reports in the system and forward to clients upon request.
- Assist clients in galleries during preview weekend and sale week.
- Participate in Telephone Bidding with clients during the auction.
- Liaise with outside experts
- Other duties as assigned by Manage
We are currently looking for a commitment of 25-30 hours per week with the opportunity to be full-time (if desired). Times and days of the week are flexible, some weekends will be required. The ideal candidate will be a student or graduate with an Art background and a strong desire to work in the auction house world. Foreign language skills, particularly Mandarin and Cantonese, are highly desirable but not a requirement.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Plum Blossoms.’ No phone calls please. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted.