Arts Jobs - DetailFacilities and Rentals Manager
Intersection for the Arts
San Francisco, CA
Title: Facilities and Rentals Manager
Reports to: Director of Fiscal Sponsorship and Operations
Supervises: Technicians, Interns, and Volunteers
Overview: The Facilities and Events Manager is responsible for the ongoing development and maintenance of Intersection’s gathering and learning spaces.
For over 50 years, Intersection for the Arts has played a unique role in the development of the Bay Area’s rich, innovative and diverse arts ecosystem by connecting people and communities across physical, social, cultural, and economic boundaries to instigate change. Through a platform of resources -- fiscal sponsorship, incubation, professional development, technical assistance, community gatherings, artist’s residencies, exhibitions, and live performance -- Intersection fosters the advancement of the Bay Area arts community by creating sustainable models for artists and arts organizations that are critical in a rapidly changing world. Intersection’s Artists Resources Programs provide assistance to more than 130 artists and arts organizations to support the growth of their practices, the development of sustainable livelihoods, and the realization of their work.
Intersection provides critical physical resources to the arts community through its Space Program. The program delivers high-quality, subsidized and discounted space to support the business aspects of arts organizations and individuals, as well as meeting and gathering spaces. The program is a key source of earned revenue for Intersection, ensuring its longevity.
Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Work with Intersection Team on Space Program planning, development and management
- Manage multiple space schedules and calendars
- Member and rental customer liaison
- Rental billing and payments
- Co-location contract management
- Overhire event staff management
- Oversight of rentals, providing orientation to, as well as monitoring of, all outside groups using the facility
- Intersection event implementation.
- Through consultation with the Operations Director and Finance Director, develop and manage an annual budget to account for maintenance and production costs
- Maintain an accurate inventory of technical and program equipment and schedule of maintenance.
- Train and supervise production and installation volunteers and interns.
- Work closely with the artists and staff to determine, oversee and implement technical needs relating to all programming.
- Participate in regular staff and program meetings.
- Assesses and oversees facility maintenance issues
- Coordinate any builds in/related to Intersection spaces, including non traditional theatre spaces created for Intersection, 5M and other Programming AV/IT support, including leading tech needs for video chats, video streaming, and projections
- Serve as primary liaison with Security and Building Services
Interest in and passion for the powerful role that art can play in civic life; experience in non-profit arts facilities and operation of audio/visual equipment; Energetic, ambitious, flexible, rigorous, fearless; Creative and critical thinker, good people and communication skills; Well-organized, PC, internet and email proficient.
- Job Status: .50 Part-Time - Flexible Schedule
- Compensation: $20,000 annual salary, additional income possible from rental events
- Benefits: Health, Vision and Dental benefits, Paid Time Off plus Holidays as outlined in the Intersection Personnel Policies, Professional Development Opportunities
Intersection for the Arts deeply values diversity.
We are committed to equity and access for all in all levels of our organization.
Address: 901 Mission Street