Arts Jobs - DetailResearch and Evaluation Assistant (part-time)
Asian Art Museum
San Francisco, CA
The part-time Research and Evaluation Assistant will provide a variety of specialized support functions to research and evaluation projects; will assist with survey collection, visitor interviews and visitor observations; completes data entry of research and evaluation data; will assist with data coding, graph/chart creation, web survey building, data analysis and reporting.
Examples of Duties:
- Conducts survey collection projects, including, but not limited to, visitor exit surveys, public programs surveys, school programs surveys, etc. Recruits visitors, monitors materials and equipment, troubleshoots problems that arise.
- Conducts data collection via interviews, observations, and other evaluation methods as needed.
- Completes data entry of survey, interview, and observation data using survey scanning software and by hand, as needed. Checks entered data to ensure it is complete and accurate.
- Assists with coding open-ended data.
- Assists with data visualization, including creating charts and graphs, word clouds, etc.
- Assists with building surveys using web-based survey platforms.
- Assist with data analysis and report writing as needed.
- B.A. degree plus one (1) year relevant experience in museum evaluation or market research desired; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Strong customer service skills; comfort and approachability when addressing visitors of all walks of life for research
- Excellent attention to detail with high degree of accuracy
- Strong computer skills including solid proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; outstanding administrative and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of web-based survey technology, Remark Office OMR survey scanning software, and/or SPSS (Statistical Package for the Social Sciences) desirable
- Ability to speak Cantonese and/or Mandarin desirable
- Fifteen (15) hours per week; three 5 hour days (Thursday, Friday, Sunday)
- Typical shifts are 3:30 to 8:30 on Thursdays; 12 – 5 on Fridays and Sundays
$19.94 -$23.95 per hour
Please note: This position is represented by SEIU 1021. New hires start at the beginning of the salary range
Apply online at http://asianart.snaphire.com/?job=9397CAC
The Asian Art Museum is one of the largest museums in the Western world devoted exclusively to Asian art and culture. Home to more than 18,000 works of art from over 40 Asian countries, we strive to be a catalyst for discovery, dialogue, and inspiration. With Asia as our lens and art as our cornerstone, we spark connections across cultures and through time, igniting curiosity, conversation, and creativity.
The Asian Art Museum embraces diversity in its mission, programs, and staff.