Arts Jobs - DetailAssistant Technical Coordinator (Performing Arts Technician I) - 11/12 Month
California State University, Chico
California State University, Chico
ASSISTANT TECHNICAL COORDINATOR (Performing Arts Technician I)- 11/12 month
Posting Number: VA647
Under the general direction of the Technical Coordinator of University Public Events (UPE) the Assistant Coordinator will work as a team member of the UPE staff, stage technicians and students. Incumbent will be responsible for positively and professionally representing the university during interactions with performing artists, road crews, and road managers as well as other campus and community individuals and groups. The incumbent will be responsible for set up and oversight of a wide variety of technical production needs for UPE, including but not limited to stage management, theatre lighting and sound, stage mechanics, and production management.
One year of experience in a technical theatre position (includes design, set-up, application and rigging) or the equivalent to two years of college training in a related discipline (theatre, music).
- The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU . Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position. This is considered a sensitive position. Current CSU , Chico employees are subject to a background check (including a criminal record check) if voluntarily moving into a sensitive position, regardless of any background checks previously conducted.
- The selected candidate must pass a post-offer pre-employment physical examination.
- Throughout employment in this position incumbent must maintain a valid California Driver’s License as well as continued completion and compliance of the CSU Defensive Driver’s Training course.
- Due to the nature of the work performed work schedule may be flexible at times as work does require nights and weekend work.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
Incumbent will need to stand for extended periods of time, bend, squat, kneel, stoop, twist and crawl; must be able to reach above shoulder level, pull, push, reach forward, grasp with hands, lift up to 50 pounds of heavy equipment, climb tall ladders, and work in high places, operate hand and power tools, recognize safety hazards and use safe working practices in all work activities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT :
Work is performed indoors as well as outdoors in a variety of weather; heat, cold, wind, dust and loud noises.
Frequent interaction with performers and traveling road crews. Flexible work schedule will require nights and weekend work as needed.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://apptrkr.com/848179
California State University, Chico employs only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. California State University, Chico is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Americans with Disabilities Act employer. An annual security report disclosing crime statistics for California State University, Chico can be obtained by contacting the California State University Police Department (530) 898-5555 or by accessing the following web site: http://www.csuchico.edu/up/
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.