Arts Jobs - DetailA/R Accountant
Asian Art Museum
San Francisco, CA
The Asian Art Museum offers an exciting opportunity for a skilled, detailed, and motivated individual to join the staff of this world-renowned museum!
Under the supervision of the Accounting Manager, the A/R Accountant assists with a variety of accounting and related duties in support of the Accounting department. S/he performs basic accounting and auditing work in accordance with standard professional accounting procedures. The nature of the work requires a strong knowledge of basic accounting principles and business procedures; excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; extreme accuracy and attention to detail.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Records and prepares museum store sales report: transfers daily sales report from POS system to accounting system; reports weekly museum store Sales Summaries; reconcile museum store merchant items every quarter
- Assists in creating, preparing, and maintaining periodic analytical reports for management review
- Enters and processes A/R and related general ledger journal entry transactions and maintains revenue worksheets and A/R aging schedule
- Assists with the preparation of accounting schedules, reports and financial statements monthly and on-demand for management
- Supports cash counting and reconciliation; prepares deposit tickets, processes bank deposits, and conducts routine bank supply processing
- Reconciles and books admissions receipts with Siriusware daily sales report. Café Asia revenue, development department earned and contributed revenue
- Performs month-end close entries for A/R and as assigned
- Assists with annual audit preparation for external auditors
- Communicates with museum staff regarding accounting questions, training needs, and departmental procedures
- Performs support functions including but not limited to filing, sorting, mailing, copying, and scanning documents
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- At least two years of related business office experience
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including fluency in Microsoft Excel and other Office applications
- Experience working with accounting software
- Responsible and able to self-manage; high degree of integrity
- Detail-oriented and organized, with strong follow-up/tracking skills
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate exceptional flexibility
- Ability to interact effectively with staff and external vendors
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet schedules
$22.15-$26.60 per hour (annualized equivalent of $46,072-$55,328)* with generous benefits package.
Please note: 1) New hires start at the beginning of the salary range. 2) This position is represented by SEIU 1021.
Apply online at http://asianart.snaphire.com/?job=9318CAC
The Asian Art Museum is one of the largest museums in the Western world devoted exclusively to Asian art and culture. Home to more than 18,000 works of art from over 40 Asian countries, we strive to be a catalyst for discovery, dialogue, and inspiration. With Asia as our lens and art as our cornerstone, we spark connections across cultures and through time, igniting curiosity, conversation, and creativity.
The Asian Art Museum embraces diversity in its mission, programs, and staff.
Address: 200 Larkin street