Arts Jobs - DetailPreparator (Temporary)
Saint Mary's College Museum of Art
Art Museum Job Responsibilities
- Assists the Exhibition Manager in the preparation, installation and deinstallation of exhibitions.
- Prepare material for exhibitions including matting and framing, dry mounting and trimming.
- Prepare and paint walls
- Assist Exhibition Manager & Registrar in unpacking, hanging and installing of artwork for exhibitions and on campus loans.
- Prepare exhibition labels and signage and assist with lighting.
- Assist with deinstallation and packing of art after an exhibition.
- Load art onto truck, deliver and/or pick up artwork as assigned.
- Assist Exhibition Manager & Registrar with permanent collection movement, labeling and storage.
Experience and Qualifications
Education Required: AA
Education Preferred: 4 year college degree
Experience: 3 years in exhibit preparation and art handling.
- Experience with handling and working with fine art objects and able to do minor conservation.
- Experience with museum lighting techniques.
- Able to design and build displays for art objects.
- Knowledge of graphics programs, museum signage, matting, framing, wall painting, and installation and object photography.
- Familiar with carpentry and able to lift heavy objects (50 lbs).
- Able to drive a truck or van.
Interested applicants apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/stmarys/jobs/1506366/temporary-preparator-art-museum