Arts Jobs - DetailPart-Time Program Assistant
Balboa Park Cultural Partnership
San Diego, CA
Balboa Park Cultural Partnership is seeking a part-time Program Assistant. The Program Assistant’s primary responsibilities include assisting with programs and production, researching and drafting content, and working collaboratively with a dynamic group. The position requires good judgment, attention to detail, and adaptability.
The Balboa Park Cultural Partnership (BPCP) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 2003 to facilitate collaboration among the many arts, science and cultural institutions located in San Diego’s historic Balboa Park. The Learning Institute is a multi-faceted professional development program for staff, trustees, and volunteers in arts, science, and cultural organizations.
The Program Assistant will work closely with and reports directly to the Manager, Programs & Communication and Manager, Digital Learning. Duties include:
Programs and Special Events
- Provide assistance in preparation for and during on-site programs and special events; this includes coordinating logistics and procuring materials, managing RSVP lists, creating name tags and sign-in sheets
- Write draft content for newsletters, social media, fliers and notifications
- Answer questions via email and phone
- Solicit in-kind donations
- Research and identify new opportunities, products, companies, and speakers
- Provide assistance in preparation for and during production; this includes communicating and scheduling with talent and locations, printing and managing media release forms, and set up and breakdown of equipment
- Review and provide feedback on online learning courses
- Transcribe video recordings
- Generate monthly and quarterly reports on the learning management system (LMS)
QUALIFICATION & REQUIREMENTS
A qualified Program Assistant will enter the position with one or more years of experience in an office setting. They will also have a demonstrated ability in:
- Problem-solving and creative thinking skills; attention to detail
- Excellent time management, prioritizing, planning and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication with high-level interpersonal skills
- Ability to work part of a dynamic team and adaptable
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite for PC, familiarity with Eventbrite, Google Drive, Trello, and social media
Additional experience in the following a plus:
- Learning programs and development
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
Position type: Part-time (20 hours a week); Hourly, Non-exempt
Rate: $12 per hour. Perks include discounts at select Balboa Park restaurants and shops and free admission to member cultural institutions.
Submit a cover letter and resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “BPLI Assistant: [Insert your first initial and last name]” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Position is open until filled.