Arts Jobs - DetailRegistrar
Edward Cella Art & Architecture
Los Angeles, CA
Edward Cella Art & Architecture, a contemporary art gallery in Culver City, seeks a full-time Registrar to start immediately. Applicants should be highly organized and detailed oriented, with excellent research, writing, and communication skills. The position requires problem solving, organizational and time management skills, and the ability to work effectively and efficiently without direct supervision.
The ideal candidate has excellent judgement, strong organizational skills, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. He or she should be able to work well both individually and as part of a team.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for maintaining updated and accurate inventory systems including artwork locations, related photography, expenses, and pricing.
- Coordinates or designs, and implements all ECAA public communications including physical and digital mailings, and social media.
- Updates ECAA website & Artsy page for all new projects, programs, exhibitions, and artist’s news/announcements.
- Responsible for ECAA Technologies and their updates and improvements
- Coordinates shipping and prepares intake and release paperwork for all exhibitions, fairs, consignments, and sales.
- Writes all invoices (in coordination with individual sales people) and coordinates with bookkeeper to track costs and payables.
- BA/BFA in related field, and an interest in contemporary art
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and MS office suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication and the ability to communicate effectively with industry professionals
- Valid California Driver’s License
- 6 months in a gallery or museum setting
- Proven ability to quickly learn new systems and technologies
- Proficient with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign
- Experience with art management software, ArtSystems preferred
- One or more years of gallery or museum experience in a registrar or manager position
- Comprehension of web CMS
The position is full-time, with competitive hourly compensation.
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Registrar Postion” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Address: 2754 S. La Cienega Blvd