Arts Jobs - DetailRegsitrar/Administrator
George Stern Fine Arts
West Hollywood, CA
Job Title: Administrator/Registrar
Salary: Commensurate upon experience.
Tuesday-Friday, 10-6, Saturday, 11-6, additional hours will be required as needed for show openings, other events and extra work.
Art gallery specializing in important Early California Impressionism, Early Modernism, and American Scene Painting.
- Arranging all shipping of artworks, both incoming and outgoing Gallery inventory.
- Precision documentation on all incoming and outgoing acquisitions (including photographing inventory), sales, and consignments in Spinnsoft database.
- Coordinating exhibition preparations, preparing exhibition checklists, coordinating upcoming exhibitions, and events, etc.
- Gallery advertising including in-house designing of brochures and ads.
- Maintain various gallery websites on a regular basis.
- Press, client and media relations including sending out bi-weekly updates of the gallery through Constant Contact.
- Assist the Director and Owner.
- Maintain client database.
- Art Historical research.
- Greet visitors in a friendly, professional manner.
- Provide general administrative duties: phones, filing, and correspondence
Bachelor’s degree required.
Knowledge of Art, Art History, or Business with a minor in Art/Art History or equivalent experience
Knowledge of MS Office
Familiar with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
Knowledge of basic html
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Proven ability to exercise tact, and deal with confidential matters
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Subject line: “Registrar”
Attn: Irene Stern