Arts Jobs - DetailAdministrative Coordinator
San Rafael, CA
Tamalpa Institute, a non-profit organization founded in 1978, offers training programs and workshops in the Life/Art Process, a movement-based expressive arts approach that integrates movement/dance, visual arts, performance techniques and therapeutic practices.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Coordinator to support our growing office and organization. The Administrative Coordinator will provide support to our Administrative Director, Programs Director, and Co-Director, and be the first point of contact for potential workshop participants and training programs students.
Hours: This is a full-time position, 8 hours per day, Monday–Thursday for a total of 32-40 hours per week. Flexibility to work outside of the regularly scheduled hours (Fridays, evenings, and/or weekends) will be required on an occasional basis. We prefer that only serious applicants seeking long-term employment apply.
- Communications: answer phones, respond to email, process incoming mail, maintain email newsletter contact list, maintain database
- Office/Studio Facilities: purchase and maintain supplies; transport supplies from San Rafael office to studios in Kentfield and San Anselmo as needed; keep office equipment stocked
- Maintain client information and invoices stored in FileMaker database
- Maintain wordpress blog for housing/accommodations lists
- Create registration forms and informational flyers using Microsoft Word
- Create attendance spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel
- Workshop support: process registrations and payments, communication with participants, creating workshop documents, sending workshop follow-up recruitment emails
- Training program support: registration, preparing and maintaining student documents, processing payments, tracking student info, coordinating work exchange students, tracking absences
- General filing
- Process product orders, payments, prepare items for mailing
- Maintain class schedule in Google Cal
- Coordinate e-newsletters using Constant Contact
- Coordinate outreach for special events such as conferences and fundraisers
- Miscellaneous projects as assigned by supervising staff
Applicants MUST possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of recent experience providing administrative support in an office environment
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills: clear, friendly, and professional
- Highly organized, with the ability to stay on top of a variety of tasks
- Ability to work well under deadlines and a fast-paced environment
- Acute attention to detail, including excellent proofreading skills
- Responsible self-starter who enjoys keeping busy and can work independently
- Experience working in a Mac environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with database systems (like Filemaker Pro)
- Proficient math skills
- Must possess valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle for transporting supplies
- Documented proof of lawful, permanent residence
- Physical ability to walk up and down several flights of stairs while carrying supplies
- Fast learner; capable of picking up and figuring out how to use new software tools quickly
Extremely helpful to have experience with the following:
- FileMaker Pro
- Mac Mail
- Constant Contact
- Wordpress and online platforms
- Google Cal and/or iCal
- Social Media Networking and/or Marketing
- Experience troubleshooting office equipment problems
- Experience with any aspect of event support or coordination
- Knowledge or experience in working with International students and/or languages
- Experience supervising or coordinating volunteers for special projects and/or events.
- Customer service experience and/or public speaking skills.
Pay is commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please send an email with subject line “Administrative Coordinator – (your name)” to email@example.com. Include a detailed cover letter in the body of your email explaining why you are a good fit for the position of Administrative Coordinator at Tamalpa Institute. In the same email please attach your resume as a word doc. The filename of your word doc should read: Administrative Coordinator – (your name). Please note that if you do not follow the instructions for applying, your resume will not be reviewed. Due to the volume of resumes we expect to receive, we apologize for not being able to personally respond to each applicant.
No phone calls please.