Arts Jobs - DetailAdmission Attendant (As-Needed)
Asian Art Museum
San Francisco, CA
The Asian Art Museum is seeking a flexible and motivated individual, with excellent cash handling and interpersonal skills, to assist as needed in the museum's front line operations. Admission Attendants meet and greet the public, sell tickets, provide information, and ensure superb customer service.
THIS POSITION IN CITY CLASS 3302 ADMISSION ATTENDANT IS FUNDED BY THE CITY & COUNTY OF SAN FRANCISCO, IS AS-NEEDED. BASED ON OPERATIONAL NEEDS, THE EMPLOYEE WILL BE CALLED IN TO WORK ON AN INTERMITTENT BASIS TO PROVIDE SUPPORT TO REGULAR STAFF.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Sells admissions tickets and memberships to visitors including receiving payment and processing the sales using ticketing software systems.
- Follows cash handling procedures to ensure accurate and timely processing of payments; sets up money trays by obtaining sufficient amounts of different denominations of dollars and coins in order to make change for museum patrons.
- Prepares deposits by summarizing all receipts on a daily basis and preparing forms such as cash reconciliation sheet and deposit slip in order to bank monies at the end of a shift.
- Maintains automated systems by ensuring that the systems are functioning properly.
- Provides general information and responds to patrons' requests for directions and information about facilities and fees and other questions in order to assist patrons in their use and enjoyment of museum facilities. Ensures excellent customer service to all visitors in any interaction.
- Other duties include: staffing Coat Check and the Information Desk; distributing audio tours; assisting with group visits; assisting with visitor waiting line management; and other related duties as assigned.
- One (1) year of full time verifiable experience as a vendor, cashier, or comparable position which requires assisting customers and handling cash on a daily basis
- Courteous, helpful, efficient, and persuasive; good judgment, tact, and sense of humor
- Excellent cash handling skills; ability to make accurate cash transactions
- Ability to demonstrate a neat and courteous appearance to museum visitors. Dress code is required
- Ability to work well with staff, volunteers, members, and the general public; accurately, effectively, and enthusiastically communicate information regarding exhibition and museum procedures to museum visitors; represent the museum, its activities and programs in a positive, proactive manner. Bilingual abilities a plus
- Ability to use good judgment and respond effectively in handling crowds and waiting lines; remain calm under pressure
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Punctual, dependable, and flexible; honest and reliable
- Available to report to work on short notice when called. Must be willing to work on weekends, evenings, and holidays as required
Please note that since these positions are as-needed, they are not covered by the City's benefit plans and are limited to no more than 1040 hours of work during a fiscal year (temporary/exempt appointment).
All City and County of San Francisco employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through state and local law (California Government Code Section 3100-3109). Employment with the City requires the affirmation of a loyalty oath to this effect. Employees are required to complete all Disaster Service Worker-related training as assigned, and to return to work as ordered in the event of an emergency.
$20.1375 per hour
Please apply through this link: http://asianart.snaphire.com/?job=10077CAC
The Asian Art Museum is one of the largest museums in the Western world devoted exclusively to Asian art and culture. Home to more than 18,000 works of art from over 40 Asian countries, we strive to be a catalyst for discovery, dialogue, and inspiration. With Asia as our lens and art as our cornerstone, we spark connections across cultures and through time, igniting curiosity, conversation, and creativity.
The Asian Art Museum embraces diversity in its mission, programs, and staff.
Address: 200 Larkin Street