Arts Jobs - DetailCreative Marketing Specialist
California Center for the Arts, Escondido
The California Center for the Arts, Escondido (the Center) is seeking a highly creative, reliable, and strategic Creative Marketing Specialist to be a part of the Center’s Marketing team!
About the Center:
The Center is a non-profit organization presenting a rich and diverse array of artistic and cultural offerings. Through arts in education, quality programming, affordable rental facilities, and low-cost and free performances, the Center is able to enrich the lives of the community it serves.
With a mission of bringing people together to discover, create and celebrate both the visual and performing arts, the California Center for the Arts, Escondido is the cultural center of North San Diego County.
About the Role:
In this role, the Creative Marketing Specialist is responsible for producing all graphic design projects as well as creating and executing multi-channel marketing plans. This position requires a unique combination of both creative and strategic savvy.
The Ideal Candidate for this Position will:
- Be happy working in a fast-paced and mission-passionate environment;
- Must have a high degree of creativity and a very strong work ethic;
- Be extremely organized with strong attention to detail and ability to deliver deadlines;
- Be self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and work collaboratively and independently; and
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills in interacting with various teams and personalities.
If you are the ideal candidate and reasonably meet the outlined expectation of experience and qualifications mentioned in the job description, submit your Resume and Letter of Interest for consideration.
Apply directly at https://ccae.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=27
Application deadline: Wednesday, March 15, 2017
Supervisor: Director of Marketing
FLSA Category: Non-Exempt
Terms of Employment: At Will
Classification: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Annual Salary: $19-$22 hourly rate based on experience and qualifications
The Creative Marketing Specialist is responsible for producing all graphic design projects as well as creating and executing multi-channel marketing plans. This position requires a unique combination of both creative and strategic savvy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Key duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Graphic Design (50%)
- Producing a high volume of graphic design services for 100+ Center-wide marketing campaigns, including, but not limited to: Promotional Emails, Monthly Newsletters, Brochures, Fliers, Posters, House Programs, Print and Digital Ads, Banner Stand and Expo Booths, Hanging Banners, Digital and Printed Invitations, Board Reports
- Managing the email marketing process including design, proofing, list pulling and segmentation, and sending to a database of 30,000 constituents.
- Interdepartmental collaboration from conception to completion of each project.
- Coordinating collateral material preparation and printing in-house and with outside agencies.
Marketing Coordination (50%)
- Assisting Marketing Director in creating and executing marketing strategy.
- Media planning and purchasing.
- Creating and executing SEM, social media, and retargeting.
- Researching market and monitoring trends.
- Managing advertising budget for select events.
- Developing and implementing marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Maintaining promotional materials inventory.
- Planning meetings and attending expos.
- Collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; adjusting strategy based on results.
Other duties as may be deemed necessary by the direct supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 3-5 years of both graphic design and marketing experience
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver deadlines in a fast-paced work setting.
- High degree of creativity and a very strong work ethic.
- Positive attitude and ability to work with a variety of different personalities.
- Excellent written, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Familiarity with Tessitura, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, WordFly, Microsoft Office.
Education and Experience:
Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a marketing and graphic design role. Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, or related field is required. Non-profit experience desired but not required.
Other Essential Requirements are to:
- Integrity – Think and act ethically and honestly. Take responsibility for his/her actions.
- Customer Orientation – View the organization through the eyes of the customer.
- Team Player – Support the larger organizational and team agendas more than personal goals.
- Communicativeness – Actively and openly seek and share information.
- Self-objectivity – Know personal strengths and limitations and work towards improving self.
- Positive Impact – Make a positive impression; be optimistic and enthusiastic; energize others.
- Drive/Energy – Be passionate about the work; continue to produce in exhausting circumstances.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making – Be resourceful in finding ways to improve things
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The workspace is in an office environment. Noise levels vary, but can be moderate to high during programming and events.
The Center is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and background investigation. The Center participates in E-Verify.
California Center for the Arts, Escondido is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.